Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freakinaaay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Alcohol UA
    Im a 19 year old college student that just so happened to get an MIP(wrong place at the wrong time) My probation officer informs me that if I would like to leave the country, I would have to get a waiver from her and take a UA upon reterning. I happen to be going to Canada this August with a bunch of my friends and there will be undoubtably drinking giving the fact that the drinking age there is 19. I was wondering if anybody happened to know roughly how long alcohol, or its metabolites stay in your system?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freakinaaay
    Im a 19 year old college student that just so happend to get an MIP(wrong place at the wrong time) My probation officer informs me that if i would like to leave the country, i would have to get a waiver from her and take a UA upon reterning. I happen to be going to Canada this August with a bunch of my friends and there will be undoubtably drinking givin the fact that the drinking age there is 19. I was wondering if anybody happend to know roughly how long alcohol, or its metabolites stay in your system?

From a medical site: "After alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream it leaves the body in two ways. A total of about ten percent leaves through the breath, perspiration, and urine. The remainder is broken down through the process known as metabolism.

The rate at which alcohol is metabolized is the same for virtually everyone regardless of their height, weight, sex, race or other such characteristics.

Alcohol is metabolized at the rate of .015 of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) every hour. 1 Thus a person with a very high BAC of .15 will have no measurable alcohol in the bloodstream after ten hours (.15 divided by .015 = 10). Here are some other examples:

BAC Level Metabolism Time in Hours
    .10 6.66
    .08 5.33
    .05 3.33
    .02 1.33"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 05:29 PM
    This is the issue, if part of your probation is not to drink, even drinking where it is legal would be a violation.
    freakinaaay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 05:41 PM
    All right let me clear things up. Im trying to figure out how long it stays in your system, not if its against the rules or not because it clearly is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 06:03 PM
    The PO in Washington state are not really that dumb either, esp when you are going to Canada. So is it really worth it to risk spending a little time in jail for drinking party in Canada. Also so your friends drink, you can party and drink a soda with them, it is called being responsible and learning form your mistakes
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    This is the issue, if part of your probation is not to drink, even drinking where it is legal would be a violation.

And that's assuming the PO actually GIVES him the waiver... and that Canada accepts it. Depends on what's on the computer and sometimes people on probation are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marijuana vs. Alcohol [ 11 Answers ]

Which is more harmful, marijuana or alcohol?

Alcohol as a gift [ 1 Answers ]

We have a program that recognizes employees at our office. We have been offered a bottle of liquor as a donation for a gift for the drawing. Is there a law that prohibits this type of gift giving to an employee?

Alcohol Fermentation [ 3 Answers ]

Nearly all human societies use fermentation to produce alcoholic drinks such as beer and wine. The practice dates back to the earliest days of agriculture. How do you suppose this use of fermentation was first discovered? Why did wine prove to be a more useful beverage, especially to a...

Alcohol use [ 1 Answers ]

I have a motion (temporary until court date) stating that the fathe will not use or have any alcohol in body while my children and with him. This also goes for his two live in roommates. I have found that the drinking is continuing and he is in contempt of court, He also has not filed his...

Alcohol: 70% or 99%? [ 1 Answers ]

For cleaning keyboards, door knobs/handles, table tops, etc. Which is better, the 70% or the 99%?

View more questions Search