Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howtodothis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Lawnmower pull cord won't pull
    When I tried to start my mower by pulling the cord, it wouldn't budge. Nothing I did made it move an inch. What happened and how can I fix it? :(
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 03:11 PM
    It could be a compression lock. This can happen if you tilt the mower to far back when trying to start and oil seeps into the cylinder, the same effect as if you had put too much oil into the crankcase. If this is the case, you would need to clean out the cylinder and the spark plug.

Take the spark plug out and see if it moves. It could also be a bent crankshaft or something has bound up the blade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro Lawnmower Pull Cord [ 4 Answers ]

How do I replace my pull cord on my Toro Recycler Lawn Mower. It appears to have rivets holding it down. Do I really need to unscrew the entire enginge?

Snowblower won't start, made bad noise using electric, pull cord now hard to pull. [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start my snowblower today and it wouldn't start. I decided to try the electric start, plugged it in, hit the start button and all it made was a spinny grinding noise. Unplugged it, and tried to start it manually with pull cord again. The cord would not pull without lots of effort and...

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

Lawnmower pull cord is stuck [ 2 Answers ]

When I moved, the movers folded down the handle of my mower. When I took it out of storage, the handle can't unfold completely because the pull cord is stuck. It won't release all of the way. If someone can tell me how to get it to release, then I'll probably be asking questions about why it won't...

Replacing pull cord on amurray 6.0 lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

How do get the rivits off and how do you and what do you replac them with

View more questions Search