Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qqatsii Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Depressed & lost again
    I'm 42, single, no job and living with my parents again. MY father's side has a history of mental illness. I've been at times fairly successful, living on my own for most of my adult life, and working different jobs. I now write and am looking at starting my own business. I have owned a bread route to some success. I had to sell it because I was crying, fearing going to work everyday. I hated it. Now I recently met a wonderful woman who I dated for 2 months, but she needed time away. She said it was about her but also said she was concerned with my current living and no job situation. I want to have a job that makes me somewhat happy, fearing if it doesn't I'll quit because it is so hard to work something I hate.
    I have a lot of ideas about businesses but I can't seem to focus on one thing. It's driving me nuts. I start on one project then move onto another. I can't focus and I've taken antidepressants in the past but they don't work for me.
    I'm nearing a deep depression, nothing seems to make me happy. I miss this gal, my folks do not want me to be here. I know it's a lot of info, none too detailed but I just am looking for some solution to be happy again.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 04:33 PM
    You are suffering from depression, that's for sure. If antidepressants do not work for you, find out all about the new research on Bi-Polar disorder.

What I have found is that it is not just sunlight that keeps me happy, it is darkness too. We live in a world of increasing "blue light" from televisions and computer screens. Some of us are very sensitive to this artificial light.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jul 5, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Try taking your mind off things like joining a yoga or art class or something like that, it may help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 05:22 PM
    First you are never going to be happy putting your happines requrement upon another person you have to learn to be happy on your own. You may need medication and I would seek professional help.

Love the bread route, I have owned a couple, did not like working them, but loved owning them and letting other people do the work.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jul 6, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by qqatsii
    I'm nearing a deep depression, nothing seems to make me happy. I miss this gal, my folks do not want me to be here. I know its a lot of info, none too detailed but I just am looking for some solution to be happy again.
    Dear friend, please know that no one is alone except those who choose to be alone. There is someone for everyone! With concerns such as yours and your subject line "depressed & lost again" and the fact that you mention that you are nearing deep depression, you may wish to check out the following website for some helpful information. May God Bless You and restore your happiness and then turn it into complete JOY!

Depression Help Line

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Feeling depressed, lost, and scared after a recent break up [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend has recently broken up with me (About 1 1/2 months ago) and I am feeling lost. We had been living together for about 2 months, and I had moved out of the place that I shared rent with my roomates. When she left, she left me with all of the bills that were partly her responsibility. I...

Depressed [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am 14 and I am a girl I live in spain and I am depressed because I am different to my mates I am taller and a tad larger and I feel ugly when I hear that I am the second most un*pretty* girl in the group and I personaly think there are worse people in my group tha me. I like this guy he...

Very depressed [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm very depressed, and I don't know how to deal with it. I've gone trough a lot of crap that most people nvr do.. and love is another one and friendz, well I know you will say this is stupid but its not to me, I rle do think I love this guy but he keeps rubbing his new girlfriend in my face...

Depressed dog [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my dog for about 2 years, he is a labrador crossed with a staff, and is usually a happy dog. Recently my little bro bought a kitten, since the kitten has been in the house, the dog seems sort of depressed. I know it sounds stupid, but when I look at his, he just looks really sad. I've...

View more questions Search