Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christinamccann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Mounting New Vanity lights without a wall stud.
    I am remodeling a hall bathroom. The new vanity lights need to be moved over about 2 inches from the original placement. The old vanity lights were secured to a wall stud. The new vanity lights will not have a stud in which to secure to. Can vanity lights be installed without a wall stud?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 03:47 PM
    You will need to mount an electrical box in wall, if it is a long vanity light, toggle bolts work fine. Don't go light on mounting. It also doesn't have to support an engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fasten stud wall to concrete basement wall [ 3 Answers ]

Planning to finishout a basement with stud walls on concrete floor. Planning to use Tapcon fasteners and treated 2x4 for bottom plate. Trying to protect for termites and moisture from the concrete. Thought about using a sill gasket. That would help the moisture but what about termites? I asked...

Non bearing wall stud boring options. [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had my electrical panel moved. I have a plumbing reference that indicated I could bore a 2.5” hole in a 2x4 non-bearing stud. I framed a small portion of a wall in the basement to house the electrical panel but because of space constraints I also had to run a washing machine drain...

Stud wall brace required or not [ 2 Answers ]

We are having a home built and we have 9 to 10 foot ceilings throughout. During framing there were metal strips nailed instead of using the old 2x4 braces. These were done on some of the inside walls but not all of them. It seems that any wall that runs from left to right looking in from the door...

Shower Base secure against wall stud? [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I was just thinking, since I recently learned that the manufacturer's instructions for shower installation is total garbage; I am worried that maybe some other stuff I should double check. Should I secure my shower base against the studs in the wall? My shower is neo-angle with a...

Stud wall: Do I need cross pieces? [ 6 Answers ]

Just finished part1 of a Honeydo project: Stud wall 20' long with a door near one end. I'll do the drywall next weekend... Currently it's all vertical studs, with the exception of the horizontal above the pre-hung door. I'll be drywalling both sides. Are cross pieces necessary? Thanks!

View more questions Search