Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoginisue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 12:15 PM
    How to wean off prednisone and on to msn?
    I have been on 5 mg twice a day dose of prednisone for about 3 months now. My doctor wants me to wean off it and onto methotrexate but I'm afraid of this drug. I would like to try msn but am not sure just how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas? I have rheumatoid arthritis.
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jul 3, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Hi I also have rheumtoid arthritis. I started on prednisone and have been on methotrexate for about a year and a half. Why are you afraid of it? Let me know what concerns you have. I was also scared of the drug before I started. I have never heard of MSN though what it that? I have been on a few different drugs for the arthritis.
    chansey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 05:57 PM
    My dr put me on prednisone four years ago for contact dermatitis and I've been on 30 mgs. I like the way it clears up my skin but the moon face and the weight gain are killing me. I also have a bad hip now which I'm assuming is due to the med. Now, the pred doesn't seem to work and I'm sure diet is playing a role. I have many allergies and sensitivities and no insurance and no money. I want to wean as well and start an all natural life style with organic foods and cleaning products. Im hoping I can do it because I can't go anywhere with this swollen red itchy hivey face. I hear horror stories about weaning and I hope I have no such problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother in law needs to grow up and wean off my husband! [ 11 Answers ]

My mother-in-law is trying to move in into our one-bedroom flat together with her 24 yr old daughter, a BIG dog,a cat and fish! Our flat is comfortable for just the two of us! I am trying to make my husband see that it is not possible. She's been painting us a picture that it's only for a year and...

Prednisone and Glutamine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new on this forum and wanted to hear if anyone has heard anything about taking glutamine while you're on Prednisone. I have colitis and been on prednisone for a couple weeks, I'm also an athlete and been getting back into the gym. I have taken glutamine in the past and have read good...

Can prednisone but cut in half [ 6 Answers ]

My question is can the pill form of prednisone be cut in half if a patient is taking a regime of 6 tablets for 2 days, then 4 tablets for 2 days, then 2 tabs for 2 days?

Weaning from Prednisone [ 6 Answers ]

How do I know when it is the right time to wean from Prednisone and what series of steps should I take to wean from 5 mg of Prednisone? (I have Polymyalgia Rhematica)

Trying to wean a kitten ! [ 2 Answers ]

My cat had 3 kittens almost 8 weeks ago,while 2 of them have weaned no problem I'm still having bother with the 3rd :confused:.It won't take anything at all apart from the milk from its mother who lately is getting fed up with this kitten all together.Anyone with any advice? Id be very grateful :)

View more questions Search