Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rdg86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Prayer for Judgement
    I was given a prayer for judgement in 2004 for misdemeanor larceny in NC. I was told that its should expire after 3 years because I don't have any other charges. But I still can not get a job because it shows up what can I do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdg86
    I was given a prayer for judgement in 2004 for misdemeanor larceny in NC. I was told that its should expire after 3 years b/c I dont have any other charges. But I still can not get a job b/c it shows up what can I do.

Here's the info on a PFJ, which you may or may not know: "A basic definition of a "Prayer for Judgement" is a plea that can be entered in a courtroom and is neither an admission of guilt nor a plea of innocence. If the plea is accepted by the judge the charge against the accused is dismissed though the judge usually has conditions for the violation to not go on the person's record.

The conditions normally include that if within a certain time the accused repeats the crime or a similar one he/will face both charges. However if the accused stays clean for the time period the record is expunged and the accused will face no trial or punishment for the alleged offense. In North Carolina the probationary time is typically three years."

If your record has not been expunged, then you will have to file with the Court to get it expunged.

Judges have a certain degree of flexibility and the 3 year time frame is not true in every case - was yours the 3 year time?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A woman's prayer [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Lord, I pray for wisdom to understand my man, love to forgive him, and patience for his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for strength, I'll beat him to death. Amen.

The Lord's Prayer [ 3 Answers ]

:) AR4PQ30VkBk

The Prayer [ 1 Answers ]

Some years ago I watched an Estonian or Latvain choir on TV singing a piece the music called The Prayer . The programme was about the great tradition of choral music in these countries. Can anyone shed any light on this piece

Prayer... [ 10 Answers ]

I know this may seem like a weird question, but how do I get God to hear me and help me?

Prayer [ 15 Answers ]

Is it possible to be spiritual and/or religious and never pray? By that I mean praying in the traditional sense... either using your own words to speak to G-d or words in a prayer book. Why I ask is because prayer has always seemed pretty foreign and weird to me. I am quite a non-religious Jew,...

View more questions Search