Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marissaann Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Managerial acct.
    I'm working on some practice problems and I'm not sure exactly how to do them... here's what I've come up w/, but I don't know if I'm on the right track:

Problem 1: Paradise Company budgets on an annual basis for its fiscal year. The following beginning and ending inventory levels (in units) are planned for next year.
    Beginning Inventory Ending Inventory
    Raw Materials 40,000 50,000
    *Three pounds of raw materials are needed to produce each unit of finished product*
    Finished Goods 80,000 50,000
    If Paradise Co. plans to sell 480,000 units during next year, the number of units it would have to manufacture during the year would be:

*My thinking on this is that you would multiply the units in both finished goods columns by the three punds of raw materials needed. Which would give me 300,000. But that doesn't seem right.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Beg. Inv + Manufactured Goods = Goods Available For Sale – Ending Inv = COGS
    80,000 + Manufactured Goods = Goods Available For Sale – 50,000 = 480,000

Goods Available For Sale = 480,000 + 50,000 = 530,000

Manufactured Goods = Goods Available For Sale – 80,000 = 530,000-80,000 = 450,000

Therefore, you will need to manufacture 450,000 units in the year.

The raw material information for this question is irrelevant since all you are being asked is the total number of finished units to be produced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Acct. Help [ 1 Answers ]

A machine that cost $36,000 and on which $26,000 of accumulated depreciaion had been recorded was sold for $10,400 cash. Record the journal entries that are necessary to account for this transaction. [email protected] with any help please.

Managerial acct. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I took a quiz and got some answers on it wrong and don't know what the correct answers should be... I was wondering if someone could help. Thanks! Question 1: Stench food company uses a standard cost system to collect costs related to the production of its garlic flavored yogurt. The...

Savings Gone-checking Acct Is Zero! [ 10 Answers ]

I need help and can't find a single thing about disclosure and banks and credit union. Our credit union offered all of its customers a $500 safety net to cover NSF checks-this started last Oct. Since then, starting in Nov. we began receiving notices for insufficient funds, which the credit union...

Bank Acct Freeze -garnishment [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I've had a garnishment placed on my bank accts from an old credit card debt, I thought had been paid. Apparently, in 2004 I was served court papers - (I think an old roommate signed for them & never gave them to me) for the court date. Anyway, I did not appear in court. I really was...

Managerial acct. [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I have two questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me with! Thanks Question 1: The contribution margin ratio is 30% for the Honeyville Company and the break-even point in sales is $150,000. If the company's target net operating income is $60,000, sales would have to be: Question 2:...

View more questions Search