Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3pomsand1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 06:58 AM
    German Passport
    I was born in Germany in 1960 to an American father and German Mother. Moved to the states in 1972 ,I have my German birth Certificate and have retained my dual citizenship. How do I go about getting a German Passport.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 02:11 PM
    You have to go the German consulate, unfortunately the rules and regs have changed recently and they have a new finger print system on their passports, therefore, you have to go in person to the German consolute. I'm in the same boat as I am a German citizen living in Canada. Check your area and see if you have a German consolute close by, that's the only way you can renew your German passport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

German passport [ 1 Answers ]

I am a South African living in England and on my way to becoming a UK citizen. I have to incur major fees just to be able to travel to Europe, since I need a schengen visa. My grandfather was born in Germany and my dad and I were both born in South Africa. I heard I could apply for a German...

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

German passport [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a German my wife a American can my son get a German and American passport? And when yes how.

View more questions Search