Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scotten77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 12:14 PM
    All outside outlets are out
    Hello I am new to this websight.

Have a question about my outside outlets.about 4 months ago I some lights pluged in to one in the back and it started raining. The plug got all wet and my outlet stopped working not only that one but all of them the circurt breaker was not tripped but I reset it anyway. We have a GFI circurt breaker and the light is still green.

I am have no idea on how to fix this problem could it be a bad circurt breaker how would you know your circurt breaker is bad?

Any advice would help thank you
    Scott
    SmartNsexa Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scotten77
    hello i am new to this websight.

have a question about my outside outlets.about 4 months ago i some lights pluged in to one in the back and it started raining. the plug got all wet and my outlet stoped working not only that one but all of them the circurt breaker was not tripped but i reset it anyway. we have a GFI circurt breaker and the light is still green.

i am have no idea on how to fix this problem could it be a bad circurt breaker how would you know your circurt breaker is bad?

any advice would help thank you
    scott
    Reset your GFI and I would replace it as well. The green light just might be faulty too.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 07:10 PM
    GfI's are in at least 2 configurations, 1 the Led Lights when power is present, and some light when the GFI is tripped?
    If pressing the Reset on GFI does not fix, you may have a Ground Fault or bad GFI, If all is dry and now sealed, a new GFI may fix.
    Since the led is lit, you have power to receptacle, New ones will not reset unless power is present.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 Amp Outlets [ 3 Answers ]

I am finishing off a basement. I ran 20 amp 12-2 wire with ground for the outlets and 15 amp 14-2 wire with ground for lights. 1) Can I use 15 amp outlets for the 20 amp outlet run? Or does that overload the outlet? 2) What is the functional difference between 15 amp and 20 amp outlets? 3)...

Outlets went out [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 outlets in my house that previously worked yesterday, they went out. No fuses were tripped. The outlets still have power to them and the tester I am using is telling me that the hot/ground are reversed. How can this be when they worked for years and how can I fix the Problem? Also the...

Outlets outside [ 1 Answers ]

My outlet outside the house doesn't work. So how do I fix it or find out how to repair it

Wet Outlets [ 6 Answers ]

Our outdoor outlets occasionally stop working and unfortunately one in our garage that we use for our 2nd refrigerator as well. We think it's happening when they get wet. The breaker is not tripped... I've checked the fuse box and those look okay. Last time they just started working again after...

GFI outlets [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older home with no GFI outlets. What is involved in installing them, and how many do I need? Thanks, Roca

View more questions Search