Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alpha_zero Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 11:18 PM
    My Relationship disorder
    Well haven't been on here in a while last time I was on here I was crying over some girl... to this day I am... crying over some girl lmao Jokin! Thought I'd ease the tension first this might be a long read.

Well durng university I met this FANTASTIC girl. I was sitting with my friends one day and just saw this gorgous girl walk down the stairs. I was immediately hooked, I was saying in my head *I want that*. A week later I saw her in a lounge sat at her table and she was sick so I gave her a tissue to break the ice *might be korny* but guess what it worked. Found out she was in the same class as me and I never even knew. That day on we became closer and closer to each to then about a month later I asked her to be my girlfriend and she responded with a *yes* might I say I was dancing inside.

Now might I mention I am turning 20 soon and she just turned 22. The biggest problem of them all is that I am Caucassion and well she is Muslim. That's where the bomb hits me constantly. Things were rocky at first and course we had our problems but we worked through them. Now 6 months later we are in deep love with each other. We have so many things in common even small things and if we don't I find that she is my better half. She is such a fantastic woman she is everything I'm looknig for in a relationship, she is the best thing I have ever had so far in my life.

But that's the problem cause one she is not suppose to have ANY guy friends let alone dating a guy and esp not a caucassion one. All her other sibling were born and raised in Canada and her rents moved here before they were married. I am fiends with to her sisters and 1 of her brothers they are so sweet and easy going. If her dad or other brother found out they would literally chase me till I seathed to breathe, but then again I would do anythnig for her.

Right now her and I have it so good. We are in deep love with each other. Even times when all we do is find a nice little spot at school or even my bedroom we cuddle and kiss for 7 hours sometimes and we never get bored of it, she loves to hug me she says *you perfectly fit into my arms* and yet we still find 7 hours isn't enough time for us. I am so good to her even spoil her at times but that's cause she deserves it. She says *I came out of her dreams and I'm the best thing to happen to her and her best boyfriend ever!*

But the thing is, I don't know what to do. Though we have so many similarities there is one big difference. My parents already told me that if I would convert that they support me anf it's my life and they love me no matter what and to do what makes me happy, and yes I have though about it on more than one occasion.

I just feel trapped you know. That all those fairy tales that *LOVE WILL CONQURE ALL!* is all but fake and that this is the real world not anythnig to do with fairies. Maybe there are some success stories out there I don't know. I love my girlfriend a lot and she loves me back a lot to. Just I really dislike complications like this. Soemtimes I wish I could change the world but really what can one man do alone you know? I feel or even know that along the lines are paths will probably separate unless there is some miracle to happen, and I know I will be very hurt by it. I feel I should slowly start diging my grave for my fate. Maybe, maybe so. Maybe I'm just rambling on about nothing.

I am not going to leave my girlfriend for anything or anyone no amount of force I feel can or should stop me, but then I realise I am only human not a superhero. I love her a lot and she does back. But at what cost do I rish and out myself on the line to where does the line finally either join her and I, or fade in the darkness to come?

Jun 25, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Bump
    sandra6 Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Jun 25, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Hi have you mentioned converting to her faith with your girlfriend. If she agrees why don't you look into it a bit more and go from there. If you do convert then you can tell her parents about the two of you and it will also show how serious you are about being with her.

Jun 25, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Yah her and I talk about it a lot, she is thinknig about buying me a Quran (muslim bible) I've read through some of one *which is her sisters* and our religions are preety much the same just one or 2 differences. But that also another thing I think even if I convert I can't meet them right away because she is not even suppsoe to have any male friends even if there muslim but of course she has guy friends and is dating me in the first place. If I did convert I would just want to show her parnets that I love her A lot and she loves me to and that I treat her so well and that I am committed to her and only her, And that they would except me. But sadly I don't think things could work out that quick.
    sandra6 Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Jun 25, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Things like this will take time but what are you in a hurry for? Don't rush things let things develop. I afraid I'm not a religious person never have been so I don't truly understand that sort of thing but I can see if you do convert then you would have to be completely sure. Are her parents really old fashioned muslims? What I mean is could she tell her parents she has a male friends that would break the ice a little. Her parents would want to get to know you as friends first. Just take your time. Time makes the heart grow fonder as they say.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Slow down dude, before you convert why not just enjoy getting know each other, and don't rush into something before your ready, as converting your religion requires a lot more than changing bibles. I would make sure you have considered the commitment, to her and her religion before doing something so drastic.

What is feeling great at 6 months, may not be as great in 2/3 years so hold off for now. Be good to learn her ways in the meantime though, and teach her yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eating disorder H-E-L-P [ 5 Answers ]

I am not comforatble with the way I look, I don't feel good about myself, I am a pretty girl in the face, and I have great hair, its just my body... I almost have an eating disorder, I need a lot of help. I take a large junours size and I'm very upset. I've tried perging twice... it hasn't worked....

Eating disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - Ever since last September, I've decided to lose weight. I'm 13 years old, and have lost 27 pounds. People always say how skinny I am, but when I look in the mirror, I don't see me as skinny... I just see an ugly, disgusting, chubby me. I'm also super obsessed with food... I'm into...

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

Im unsure of what to do anymore. Just over a year ago I lost a lot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. A lot of things happened, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close...

I think my mother has a mental illness or relationship disorder [ 6 Answers ]

Where to begin... My mother and I have a very, very difficult relationship. I don't want to go through all the wounds but they are many and they are severe. Lots when I was a teen she was very abusive emotionally- if a boy would call she would say-" I hope you're on birth control. I tried...

My cat has a disorder [ 1 Answers ]

My cat just turned 2 years in Dec of 2004. I have had her since she was a couple weeks old. I didn't have to buy her, the kittens were given out for free, so I had no information on the cat's parents. When she was almost 1 year I moved from Louisiana(where I got her) to Rhode Island, where we are...

View more questions Search