Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leocrane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Attaching songs to emails
    How do I send songs with email messages?
    Dr Dermie Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Some songs can be quite large files and you can check to see how large the song file is before trying to send it. Even zipping up a music or movie file won't reduce the size much as a feature of a media file is that there is already some compression. The point is: you may not be able to send anything bigger than 4, 5 or 10MB in many cases because some email providers won't allow files that large through their bandwidth. If you still want to tray find the 'attach file' feature on your email program. You will have to create a new message first, click or select 'attach' and then following the prompts browse through your own files annd click on the media file you want to send. Good luck.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Are you asking HOW to do it?
    (In Outlook - open a message - Insert - File - locate file)

Or are you saying you can't find your music files on your computer when you try to do it?

Lastly, emailing song files is illegal in most scenarios. Worse, you're sending it out with your name and ISP written all over the file. If the music gurus decided to fine you over it, an email with an attachment is better than a signed confession.

Make sure you're OK with all the possible consequences. Those fines are STEEP!
    Dr Dermie Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2008, 07:52 AM
    JBeacaire is right! And I've done something illegal now haven't I? I was quite thoughtless about all that so thanks for the post. There have been some successful prosecutions over illegal downloads already apparently.
    Software Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 08:15 AM
    There have been MANY successful prosecutions. Plus, integrity shouldn't be tossed in the trash over a 99-cent song track.
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jun 21, 2008, 09:37 PM
    If you want to share music with someone, try midi files. These are usually free compositions of songs (no words, just music) that can be found almost anywhere on the Internet. Plus, they're a lot smaller, so you don't have to worry about them jamming up your Internet when sending or receiving them.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 11:28 PM
    I find the easiest way is to copy the link from the YouTube site , however I haven't ever thought of the fact it could be illegal to do so.

HHmmmm... interesting!
    Software Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Posting links to videos on YouTube should not result in any untoward actions against you. YouTube polices itself and culls out material to keep things on the up and up.

This thread is about copying MUSIC files from your computer to another person's computer, initially by email attachment.

Using links to stuff on the web MAY be less troublesome, the links simply stop working if the material is removed.
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Jun 23, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leocrane
    How do I send songs with email messages?
    Use this link just to share a song, if they want it they pay. David

TinySong | Type in a song and make a free music link to share music with friends
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Youtube does have policies of non-illegal stuff. However, there is a TON of illegal stuff there. They can't keep up with all that. It's usually the folks who own the copyright who find it and get it taken down. But there's still a ton of illegal stuff there. So I certainly wouldn't count on that stuff being legal.

Although I don't know that it's illegal to simply provide a link to something else, even if the something else was put up illegally. That's not really the same as downloading it, or having put it there to begin with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching a lien [ 4 Answers ]

I sold a business to a guy a while back, and he or I was supposed to put a lien on his house until the money for the business was all paid. It was never done. Now things have gone sour, so my question is: Can I attach his house now? What is the proper procedure? Can I go to the city hall...

IRS attaching your ss checks [ 1 Answers ]

Can the IRS attach or take any monies from your social secruity retirement checks, for an unpaid debt to the IRS?

Attaching abank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any protection from ataching joint bank accounts if only 1 person on the account has a judgement against hin?

Attaching bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Can an agency attach account that is joint but only one owes the debt

I want to copy the name of the songs not the songs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, As the title suggests I would like to know if there is a way to simply copy-paste the name of the songs. The reason I want to do this is I want to re-download them again in another computer

View more questions Search