Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diy'er Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Shower valve body
    I'm installing a new shower in an addition and purchased a new shower kit from Price Pfister. The shower valve is going into a 2x4 wall. The question I have is do they make different sizes of valve bodies because the one I have, when installed according to instructions, will only allow for about 3/16" room for some type of backing to secure the valve to wall. I called Price Pfister and they said there were not any other options for a single handle valve. We would like to stay with a single handle but if it won't work it won't work.

Thanks for any help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diy'er
    I'm installing a new shower in an addition and purchased a new shower kit from Price Pfister. The shower valve is going into a 2x4 wall. The question I have is do they make different sizes of valve bodies because the one I have, when installed according to instructions, will only allow for about 3/16" room for some type of backing to secure the valve to wall. I called Price Pfister and they said there were not any other options for a single handle valve. We would like to stay with a single handle but if it won't work it won't work.

Thanks for any help!
    There are several ways we strap and back our showers. Most of the time we build out from the studs or run some backing and pipe strap the supplies. Sometimes we run some backing between the studs just above the valve body and pipe strap the shower raiser. Since you have failed to inform me as to how you wish to secure your valve this is as far as I can go. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower and tub valve set [ 6 Answers ]

After having my last dilemna solved here, I figured it was worth another shot. We are attempting to pick out a shower valve for our shower stall. The one set that we like includes a tub faucet that we don't need as the space has a shower stall only, no tub. My question is... is it possible and...

Help on Dripping Shower Valve [ 3 Answers ]

I have an American Standard shower valve that needs to be rebuilt/replaced. I've managed to get the handle off with a puller, but now am stuck trying to remove the stem cover (I'm guessing that's what it's called). Do you have any idea how I get this off (see below). I assume it spins on, as...

Leak in shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

Need some help with a leak in the hot water valve in the shower. It does not leak when the valve is closed, but leaks behind the valve when the hot or the cold water valve is opened up. It appears to me to be a pinhole, but I cannot see it. The leak is only behind the hot (left) even when the cold...

Changing a shower valve [ 11 Answers ]

How do you know what rough in pipe size (for your new valve)your shower is without opening the wall. My house is 7 years old. There is a bathroom next to it as well.

Shower valve [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, how are you doing? Can you explain all of the differences to me between a thermostatic water valve and a pressure regulated valve, and which one would be the best to use for my new shower for temp. control. I want to avoid those WOWs when someone turns on water somewhere else in the house....

View more questions Search