Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    o NitSuA o Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Jun 12, 2008, 09:05 PM
    I feel completely inadequate
    I kind of want to rant so here it goes...

I have no idea what I want to do with my life, and feel like I am to blame for being indecisive and not exploring what is really out there major wise. I haven't found the girl that I want and all my friends are with long term bfs/gfs already and will probably end up marrying them. I spent a year at a community college to transfer to a decent school I have never visited in my life. Because I am transferring, I have to find an apartment for my first year at a university and
    will know absolutely no one (doing all of this just to live the "college life"). The girl that I really want is in love, and another that I would absolutely love to date is going to another college next year and is a year younger than me.

I want to go to a better college but I don't want to spend another year at the community college...

I basically wrote what came to mind, and I know it is a CF of info. But if you read it thank you =)
    Temphere Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Hang in there! It's a normal youthful transition most of us encounter... Things do happen for a purpose!

Jun 12, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Temphere
    Hang in there! It's a normal youthful transition most of us encounter...Things do happen for a purpose!
    Thanks. I would like to think that things happen for a purpose but at the moment all I am thinking about is my future (career) and all that. I feel like college is the base of all that and if I want to do anything and make any kind of money I need to be at a good school. I am not a stupid person at all, and actually did quite well in H.S which is nationally ranked in the top 20 but I just didn't apply to any colleges at all. I feel like I'm in a room with 4 different doors, I can only choose one and all of them will change my life forever in some positive and negative ways, and the worst part is that I can't have an intermediate door where everything happens that way I want it to.

Frustration is an understatement for what I have been feeling for the past 2 hours strait, there fore I am going to go run and see if it clears my mind.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 07:22 AM
    It sounds to me that you won't make any commitments. Actually, going out running is kind of a methphor for your life... when talk becomes serious, you run away.

I don't really have any thoughts about why people won't make a commitment to education or a social life, in your case, but you could Google commitment-inability to commit.

Best wishes in the future, :)

Jun 15, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    It sounds to me that you won't make any commitments. Actually, going out running is kind of a methphor for your life...when talk becomes serious, you run away.

I don't really have any thoughts about why people won't make a commitment to education or a social life, in your case, but you could google commitment-inability to commit.

Best wishes in the future, :)
    I don't think it's a lack of commitment, I think it's that I have no idea what I want to do. If I found something that I loved to do career wise I would commit in a second, but I have found nothing that interests me at the moment.

p.s- I go running to lose weight, not to run away from my problems.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Hmmm, a room with four different doors. But no intermediate door, where you get what you want. That is a beautiful description. Life feels that way to many of us at different times.

You are going to be just fine. It doesn't always feel like it though, huh?

I see that room, then I close my eyes and just feel it around me. All of the doors lead to the same place. They all lead out towards your destiny. None of them is a wrong choice, just a different way.

Don't be afraid to choose. Trust yourself.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 06:49 AM
    You need to sit down and write out a plan
    Write where you want to be in 5, 10, 20 years from now
    Write different ways and the pros and cons of how you see yourself getting there
    Separate the list according to essential or minor details
    Example:
    Living in dorm vs apartment -minor detail
    Then pro and con list to determine dorm vs apartment
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jun 17, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Wow... you seem overwhelmed!
    I have been there and I am also a very indecisive person when it comes to my own life (I like to joke that it's a Pisces thing)... the best thing you can do is to not be afraid of failure!

I know what you mean by feeling like college is the foundation for your future and you basically want the best foundation possible... I totally get it!

You have to remind yourself that if you choose the "wrong" major initially you can change it! Even if you graduate and go into the "wrong" career You can go back to school! Life doesn't end when you make a mistake, in fact you can only become better if you're willing to learn from them.

Listen, I started college (a comm. College) after only 2 years of high school. Then I transferred to a university (like you I didn't even visit before going) because it was "the next step". Now, 2 years and 3 majors later I'm still here. I didn't graduate at 20 yrs old like I'd planned to do but I found my niche and I'm well on my way!

I hope you can let go of what I see as this need to have everything "together"...

Try thinking about what makes you happy, do you need a degree for it? If so, start your education there... later it may only become a hobby but that's a great place to start!

As far as the relationship thing, focus on yourself for a while.. it'll only complicate your life more right now...

*good luck* I totally understand what you're saying Im here for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How does poor time management or inadequate plannig leas to plagiarism? [ 2 Answers ]

How does poor time management or inadequate plannig lead to plagiarism?

How does poor time management or inadequate plannig leas to plagiarism? [ 1 Answers ]

How does poor time management or inadequate plannig lead to plagiarism?

Inadequate ever since day one.black tooth [ 12 Answers ]

Well I am writing on here cause its private and I can get the opinions from others I can't get from face to face confrontations. I am 21 years old... I know others have it so much worse than I do but frankley I feel pretty low on the totem pole myself. I have never lost anyone close to me I am...

Feeling Inadequate around girl [ 22 Answers ]

I'll try to tell my story as concise and clear as possible. I have been friends with this girl now for about 2 months and a half; we get along great. She's very lively, social, intelligent, witty, etc. I'm very reserved, humble, sracastic and practical. For the past week there have been feelings...

View more questions Search