Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa19xx Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Could I be pregnant?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I 19 years old and my periods are always regular. I usually get bad period pain. Only this month my period was a week late. I tested after my period was due and it was negative. Only my periodonly lasted a day. I wouldn't say it was lighter just shorter. And the next day I had brown spotting only when I wiped. I am wondering is this normal for a period as I have never had it before or can it be a sign of pregnancy. I am going to test just need a bit of advice please. Thanks
    andy305mia Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Most likely your not pregnant because you have to miss your period and you didn't it came a little late.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Sounds like a case of irregularity which is not uncommon. Have you been stressed, worried, exercising more, or have you had a change of diet? Any of these can can cause hormonal changes that can throw your period out of whack. Of course, pregnancy causes these changes as well but since you did have what sounds to be "a period" and a negative test result, chances of it being caused from pregnancy are slim. If you are still unsure, wait a week and take another HPT. Good luck!

Jun 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Andy you don't have to miss your period. You can still bleed only not the same. My mum didn't know she was pregnant until she was 6 months. But of course that's not common. Only happens to very few people. I read on the internet a changed period is just the same as a missed period. I didn't have a period only bled for a day followed by brown spotting. And I have symptoms
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Yes, it's possible to have bleeding in early pregnancy. The only way to know is to wait a few days and try another pregnancy test. What types of symptoms are you having?

Jun 11, 2008, 01:42 PM
    No nothing has changed at all. I just think its well weird because this was the 1st month we used an ovulation test and it so happens that this happened this month! Lol. I'm not stressing out about it or anything just it all seems a bit mad. I read that if the embryo hasn't implanted before your period then you will get your period anyway only it will be different. There's so many possibilities that I have read. Only my heads getting messed up I'm rather confused. Thanks for the reply yous 2 :)

Jun 11, 2008, 01:46 PM
    My breasts have changed they feel more senitive I have gained a little bit of weight which isn't like me because nothing has changed from before. I have been needing to go to the toilet more often and my face is breaking out a little. I have went from a size 10 to a 12 and a 36f to a 38g. I am still going to the gym and eating healthy so I don't know where this has came from.
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Well, it's quite possible that you could be pregnant. Just wait a few days and try another test... in the meantime, take very good care of yourself :)

Jun 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Thanks I really appreciate your advice. Take care :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Pregnant.not sure? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a lot of pain in my breasts like almost unbearable pain headaches backache nauseas and I have missed my period 4 days ago I took a test and it was negative but this morning when I woke I took another one and it was positive if I am pregnant this is my first pregnancy so any advice would...

Trying to get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been off the pill for 5 moths now and soon as I came off the pill my periods have gone back to normal and had my first normal period that was 5 moths ago I thought if yo periods go back to normal you should get pregnant quick?I have a normal 28 day cycle:) :) :)

View more questions Search