Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strat07 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Hard break up
    All right.. here goes nothing,

So it's been about 2 months or so since my ex-girlfriend broke up with me.

Let me start by saying I thought she was the most amazing person in the world, and I was the luckiest guy on our planet earth. I loved her so much to the point I could cry just out of happiness I had her.

We dated for a year and about 3 months, we both started dating as freshman in high school. She broke up with me when we were in the middle of our sophomore year.

Now, I was her first "real" boyfriend, she told me she loved me SO much. She wanted to stay with me forever. I did everything for this girl. Literally, everything. I made her things to eat, I bought her stuff, took her out places, the normal boyfriend stuff. But, I treated this girl, and I know I treated her, perfectly. I didn't rush her into anything, I didn't pressure her into having sex, and we didn't have sex. It was a loving relationship. We had great fun, and we just were plain old in-love. At least I was in love. I called her to tell her I loved her, I missed her, and let her know I was always thinking of her. I was the happiest person you could ever meet. We both didn't have licenses but we saw each other around once or twice a week. It didn't bother us at all. Everything was perfect for about a year. She started changing after that one year. She stopped calling me those names such as "babe" "honey". She stopped telling me she missed me. She seemed as if she was losing interest, and was falling out of love, If she was ever in love with me in the first place.

Well, Needless to say she broke up with me through a text message saying that I was only cute for a week, She wanted to live her life, I was too smothering. She didn't see me enough, yet she got her license the day she broke up with me. She wanted to see what else was out there.

Everyone whose helped me says she did NOT deserve whatsoever. Girls said I was the best boyfriend to the girl that they have ever seen. I know I treated her good.

But I see things that remind me of her, I hear music that reminds me of her. I wrote her songs and played them for her and those make me incredibly sad and depressed. I see pictures of her on the internet, I see her friends, anything along those lines. I get pretty sad over all of it.

I need to let go, but I don't know how. I could use some words of wisdom or some advice. Right now It's been the hardest point since the break up.

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you do, I know there's some good people out there who wouldn't call me an idiot for doing this.

I realize now that I might have posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry 'bout that.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Dating is about learning and accepting. Everything that is going on with you is normal and bearable.

Also, things DO change. You know that. Just because she no longer feels like continuing a relationship with you DOESN'T mean you should distrust anything you went through together in the past. Isn't the same true for you? Aren't there things you use to LOVE that you don't even think about anymore? Some food you fell out of love with?

It's really the same thing. You two are young and learning how to deal with changes and growing, learning how to express your feelings and BE in a relationship.

But you're also learning how to break up maturely, too. It's a skill you need. MOST of your relationships WILL END, for one reason or another, your idea or hers, they will end. You need to be able to experience the whole thing maturely, including the breakup.

Each time, as long as you learn something about life, love and yourself, every relationship should be viewed as a success, OK? Be fair, things change, feelings change, it's OK, it's not fake. It just is what it is.

Eventually, after MANY tries, you will date someone for a long time and discover that your feelings and commitment and enjoyment of one another is STRONGER than ever after all that time, and THEN you'll be able to consider that final life-long step.

Until then, enjoy the ride, and every single up and down.
    walker2323 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Well my man I dated my girlfriend 4 three years one day out of the blue every thing was fine and she went to work but she really didn't she just went to the bar that mornig she said she needed time its hard to do and its hard to move on but what I found out is to just stay around people family frieands anything just keep your mind off it and when you least expect it you will find someone cause that's what's hardest the empty ness and the thought why all of a sudden what I do did she eer love me that's normal women do this someimes the come back sometimes the don't so just stay around people relax and let life take its course that's all we can do
    flipperex Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 11:28 PM
    Every thing you did is actually perfect. And I congradulate you. But you need to understand that both of you are still young. And both of you are going to go through changes. Even though your so in love with this girl, she "evolved" before you did, and you will too. It was bound to end at some point, it was just a matter of time. Ppl change. It's hard to see at the time, but it's just the way it is. You need to relax, and try and forget about her. Not to completely remove her from her brain, just... if you get my meaning. Go out with your buds, have some fun. Do what she's doing... see what else is out there. U'll see in a couple of weeks, even months if necesery, u'll feel allright...
    And again, I really have to say Cheers on the way you treated her
    Johnny Knocker Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jun 20, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by strat07
    Alright.. here goes nothing,

So it's been about 2 months or so since my ex-girlfriend broke up with me.

Let me start off by saying I thought she was the most amazing person in the world, and I was the luckiest guy on our planet earth. I loved her so much to the point I could cry just out of happiness I had her.

We dated for a year and about 3 months, we both started dating as freshman in highschool. She broke up with me when we were in the middle of our sophomore year.

Now, I was her first "real" boyfriend, she told me she loved me SO much. She wanted to stay with me forever. I did everything for this girl. Literally, everything. I made her things to eat, I bought her stuff, took her out places, the normal boyfriend stuff. But, I treated this girl, and I know I treated her, perfectly. I didn't rush her into anything, I didn't pressure her into having sex, and we didn't have sex. It was a loving relationship. We had great fun, and we just were plain old in-love. At least I was in love. I called her to tell her I loved her, I missed her, and let her know I was always thinking of her. I was the happiest person you could ever meet. We both didn't have licenses but we saw each other around once or twice a week. It didn't bother us at all. Everything was perfect for about a year. She started changing after that one year. She stopped calling me those names such as "babe" "honey". She stopped telling me she missed me. She seemed as if she was losing interest, and was falling out of love, If she was ever in love with me in the first place.

Well, Needless to say she broke up with me through a text message saying that I was only cute for a week, She wanted to live her life, I was too smothering. She didn't see me enough, yet she got her license the day she broke up with me. She wanted to see what else was out there.

Everyone whose helped me says she did NOT deserve whatsoever. Girls said I was the best boyfriend to the girl that they have ever seen. I know I treated her good.

But I see things that remind me of her, I hear music that reminds me of her. I wrote her songs and played them for her and those make me incredibly sad and depressed. I see pictures of her on the internet, I see her friends, anything along those lines. I get pretty sad over all of it.

I need to let go, but I don't know how. I could use some words of wisdom or some advice. Right now It's been the hardest point since the break up.

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you do, I know theres some good people out there who wouldn't call me an idiot for doing this.

I realize now that I might have posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry 'bout that.
    I was in your situation my junior year of high school and it sucked. I felt like because after she broke my heart she tried dating one of my friends (wasn't my friend at the time but we became great friends after) and that hurt. I would see them out together a lot.

Well shortly after that she realized how good I was too her, we got back together. At the time it was amazing, but I was soon over it. I regretably dated her for a few more years after that until I couldn't lie to myself anymore. I was over it, I had been over it, and looking back I wish I would have never got back with her because I would have been much better off.

Now don't get me wrong I loved the time we spent together, but you live and you learn. Happens, but it happens for a reason. If she's like that then she doesn't deserve you, and you deserve much better.

So what I am saying is move on. It takes time, and it sucks right now, but when you're older (like me) you'll realize it is for the best. Right now you can't believe it, but you will once you're older. You'll look back and have a nice laugh about it, when that happens you will feel so much better!!

Time heals all wounds, just remember that.
    mechisopa1234 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
    By the sounds of it, that girl don't know what's she's missing! Yes I know I am a flirt. You know what? You probably deserve more then her! Much more than her! If she has said anything about you in a rude way, she just can't get over the fact that she was stupid enough to dump you! You sound pretty sweet! There I go, flirting again! Lol! She picked the meanest way to dump you, too! That prooves how much of a cow she is! You don't need people like her in your life. Now, I don't know if this will help you, but I can't make you forget about her. Did she say why she broke up with, you? If she didn't, you could go and talk to her, if you are comfortable with that thought, of course. If she says, "i just want to be friends." then she just wanted to be friends. If she left you for another guy, then she is called a player. You don't want to date people like her! If this doesn't help, you could talk to your dad or mom or a councillor. Hope this helps.

Sincerely, mechisopa1234.
    steradam242 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    Dating is about learning and accepting. Everything that is going on with you is normal and bearable.

Also, things DO change. You know that. Just because she no longer feels like continuing a relationship with you DOESN'T mean you should distrust anything you went through together in the past. Isn't the same true for you? Aren't there things you use to LOVE that you don't even think about anymore? Some food you fell out of love with?

It's really the same thing. You two are young and learning how to deal with changes and growing, learning how to express your feelings and BE in a relationship.

But you're also learning how to break up maturely, too. It's a skill you need. MOST of your relationships WILL END, for one reason or another, your idea or hers, they will end. You need to be able to experience the whole thing maturely, including the breakup.

Each time, as long as you learn something about life, love and yourself, every relationship should be viewed as a success, OK? Be fair, things change, feelings change, it's ok, it's not fake. It just is what it is.

Eventually, after MANY tries, you will date someone for a long time and discover that your feelings and commitment and enjoyment of one another is STRONGER than ever after all that time, and THEN you'll be able to consider that final life-long step.

Until then, enjoy the ride, and every single up and down.
    VERY well said imo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Break, feel depressed, what should I do? Very hard [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys. Well recently my girlfriend wanted a break. I don't know what to do. I told her to be happy and I respect the fact she wants a break. I was heart broken. She said she was tired of trying because she has school and etc. She missed a week of school, so she has so much to make up. I asked if...

If someone wants a break! This will benefit a lot of guys.will be hard. [ 2 Answers ]

Its taken me a hell of a long time and a lot of posts to realise this but if you ex asks you for a break , break up or whatever you should not even ask for the reason or not even want to know the reason. This may sound stupid and some people may say well I want to know why they want to have the...

View more questions Search