Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Concrete floor leveling issue
    I need help/advice/hints/any ideas that will help me solving my concrete leveling problem, when trying to achieve a leveled surface before installing wood floor. After pouring the self-leveler (on concrete substrate) one area at a time as I can mix only one bucket at a time, I now have different areas, some having rough surface here and there. I used a 2x4 stud to spread the mixed leveler. Some spots I let the mix run by iteself. I am not happy with the outcome as it does not look continuous as a whole floor (12ft x 12ft room). Is grinding the best option to get the floor smooth? What would be an optimum prepared floor for the wood installation? Some contractors hesitated to do this type of work as they said "not liable for sinking the floor later", as it is for second floor. Is it true the self-leveler would put more weights and cause the sinking of floor? Will post the picture later.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Since you do not install a wood floor directly to concrete you must have skipped some details. What have you forgot to tell us like is there a sub floor going in or is this a laminate floor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finishing concrete floor with moisture issue [ 4 Answers ]

Our home recently got wet when a storm of the century hit the region. I don't know where the water came from since I wasn't home but I believe it came from the ground. Three months later I'm trying to finish the floors, ideally leaving the concrete exposed. Having done moisture tests it appears...

Leveling concrete floor beneath toilet [ 3 Answers ]

First tme site user needs help determining the best way to make a level pad underneath a basement floor toilet. The old existing toilet was mounted on a 4" cast iron pipe (so the pipe shoulder was actually a 5" opening). The toilet had a ton of plumbers putty instead of a wax ring. I stuck a...

Leveling concrete floor [ 4 Answers ]

We are attempting a bathroom installation. We would like to lay tile, but the concrete floor is uneven. We had a friend use an auto leveler to float the floor, but it still came out uneven. We then tried again pouring it over the entire floor. It is still uneven. We have marked out the low...

Leveling a concrete floor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 12' x 12' concrete floor that was poured a bag at a time and has about a 2" high spot. The floor was worked too much and is far from smooth. What is the best and easiest way to level this floor? thanks

Create dam for Self Leveling Concrete [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm working on retiling my bathroom, and I need to pour self leveling concrete to level the floor. I realize that the floor only needs to be flat, but I also would like it to be level. I have expansion foam to go around the perimeter of the room, but there are some areas that I need to dam,...

View more questions Search