Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicegirl85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 03:50 PM
    I'm 23 and have high debt cause of medical bills
    I had surgery right before my 19 th birthday and since then I have added lots of debt for lack of no insurance and I don't want to file for bankruptcy so young but have no idea what else to do any ideas will help very much I'm stuck and have my whole life ahead of me trying to start my life and I'm scared this will stop my goals thanks.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. Just curious: How will filing Chapter 7 (or Chapter 13) be adverse to one who is young, say 19 or 29? Secondly, why do you believe filing bankruptcy would be adverse to your goals in life?
    valeriealm Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirl85
    i had surgery right before my 19 th birthday and since then i have added lots of debt for lack of no insurance and i dont want to file for bankruptcy so young but have no idea what else to do any ideas will help very much im stuck and have my whole life ahead of me trying to start my life and im scared this will stop my goals thanks.
    After so many years those medical bills fall off. And yes they hurt you credit badly. I know from exp.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Some times there is no choice, you have to do what you have to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my husband was hospitalized and I had out patient surgery. We have good insurance, but between the 2 of us, we have 9 different balances/co-pays coming in to pay in 30 days. We are not able to do this and are currently in bankruptcy. I want to send what I can each month to each...

Medical Bills [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas,...

Paying medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on...

Medical bills [ 15 Answers ]

About a week ago my son was injured when a horseshoe hit him in the nose. He was standing slightly behind me, more on the side of me. We were standing about five feet form the peg in the ground, on the receiving end. His grandfather was the throwee and it richoted off the peg and around me and...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

View more questions Search