Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shieekka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 07:47 AM
    1992 Toyota Camry wagon cutting out while stopping
    1992 Toyota Camry wagon cutting out while driving. The check engine light comes on and then it cuts out. It will start back up as if it never cut out. Usually when it gets under the 1rpm(s) it shuts off--it will vibrate like it is shutting off and then it shuts off. I took it to a mechanic 6/09/2008 and they could not find anything wrong with it.
    Shieekka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 07:48 AM
    How to make a platform bed?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Test/replace Ignition Control Module and coil (most likely).
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Your concern sounds to me like a coolant temp sensor. At times they go out of spec and cause fuel enrichment to the point of stall.
    Try this first for the easiest and cheapest fix, then maybe ignition related if it doesn't.
    Keep us posted.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shieekka
    1992 Toyota Camry wagon cutting out while driving. the check engine light comes on and then it cuts out. It will start back up as if it never cut out. Usually when it gets under the 1rpm(s) it shuts off--it will vibrate like it is shutting off and then it shuts off. I took it to a mechanic 6/09/2008 and they could not find anything wrong with it.
    If the check engine light is coming on before the engine actually stalls, have the diagnostic trouble code read and let us know what that code, if any, turns out to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing brake light bulbs on 96 Toyota Camry Station Wagon [ 4 Answers ]

I need to change a brake light bulb in the tailgate of my 1996 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. I have a Chilton's repair guide but it says nothing about the lights in the tail gate. How do I can access to change the bulbs? Thank you.

Changing taillight bulb in 1992 toyota camry [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the taillight bulb in my 1992 toyota camry?

1989 Toyota Camry [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a 89 Camry when I put the key in the ignition and try to crank it and it won't crank it is manual and the only way it cranks over is when I push it what could it be? Please answer ASAP I would appreciate it Thank You

1996 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

I need to change the bulb in the left tail light of my 1996 Toyota camry. Can someone help me out with this, I do not have a manual and am sure it is very easy. Thanks

96 toyota camry stereo amp [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the amp located and how do I get to it?

View more questions Search