Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjoiner2002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Coleman AC/Heating Unit not cooling
    I have a Coleman 2.5 T Air. Heating Unit. It is about 12 years old. I have had the air on for months now and everything has been great. Last Friday I noticed that the house was not as cool as it should be. Let me sum it up: It is blowing cool air (60 degrees), it is blowing air (though not as hard as it should be, in my opinion) But yet the house is 80 degrees not the 72 I have it set on. The repair man has been out 3 times. Cleaned everything including fan blades, coils. It put some freon in it the 1st time not much and then later cleaned evrything and said it probabbly did not need the freon that was put in it. Anyway, he says the compressor is working, fan is working and is stumped as to the problem. The only thing he has found is that maybe it is not pulling out the hot air out of the house. I told him it is not making the right sound. It normally comes on and then like catches a 2nd gear, you can hear something else click on. But sounds mean nothing to him if evrything is working properly. Can anyone give me any ideas. He is coming back out today. By the way it is catching up at night and cooling the house down to 72 and even shutting off some.
    Outside daytime temp is 90 to 94. Not that hot. :confused:
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 07:45 AM
    If over charged with freon,, not a very good thing,, blowing 60 degree supply air is not terrible,, check temperature of air at the return,, is filter clean?, it could be that your fan is still in heat mode and not running as fast as it can in cooling mode,, you said you have had air on for months now,, wow we are just getting over winter where I live
    kjoiner2002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 08:06 AM
    It is not overcharged now and was only for a short time. He let some out. Yes 60 degree air is good, air at return, I assume you are talking about vent in house where air flow comes in at is 75 to 78 degrees. Yes, filter is clean as well as coils and fan and outside unit. Yes, it gets hot here in March. March is usually in high 60's April in high 70 to low 80 and May starts high 80 and low 90. By June it is anywhere from 90 - 100. We sometimes are still wearing shorts at Christmas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home heating unit(coleman evcon presidential) [ 7 Answers ]

The pilot light is on, but the unit won't come on to heat home, could it be the thermal coupling, or is there something else that may be causing it? Last year it did this for a few days, then it worked fine rest of the winter. Thanks for your...

Heating & Cooling Unit [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone help please? My heater for some reason is not working. It worked all Winter long but not now. It has a switch on the outside of the unit in the basement. I'm not sure what that is for. It has an on/off switch inside too. There is a metal coiled filter that can be rinsed but it does...

Heating and cooling unit [ 1 Answers ]

Our intertherm heating and cooling unit stop working again we had a switch put on once and it is out again the unit comes and the fan will not turn on right now we are using emer heat I worry about the cost are is it the same as the regular heat?

Coleman 7900 series mobile home heating unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1987 Coleman 7900 series heating unit that seams to work until it kicks off before reaching the temp set on the thermostat, leaving the pilot extinguished as well. The blower continues to run for a few minutes and then shuts off. Now because the pilot is no longer lit the unit cannot...

Frigidaire Cooling and Heating Unit [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out more information on my Frigidaire heating and cooling unit outside. The model is FT3BC-030K. I need to find out what seer it is. Please help.

View more questions Search