Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bakinbeans Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Sick Puppy
    I just go a puppy and he keeps vomiting thick white spit, has no appetite, no energy, and when he drinks water he throws it up in a matter of minutes... PLEASE HELP!!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 10:24 AM
    How old is the puppy?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Time for the vet. If you had a sick child would you be on the internet or in the doctor's office?

Go to the vet for a proper diagnosis.
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Does your pup have his shots? Take him to the vet stat, could be parvo..
    lhasalover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Definitely go to the vet or at least call them.
    aloha86 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bakinbeans
    I just go a puppy and he keeps vomiting thick white spit, has no appetite, no energy, and when he drinks water he throws it up in a matter of minutes... PLEASE HELP!!!
    What state do you live in? Sounds just like what is going on with my puppy. I just got him on Tuesday and he hasn't had an appetite for two days. I took him to the vet they tested him for parvo it was negative but that's all they did for me and he still seems sick!
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jun 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Try a new vet if you can't get answers! If your puppy is sick, time is of the essence. Puppies sleep a lot, but when they stop eating, are vomiting or have diarrhea - there is a problem and it NEEDS attention ASAP.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
    And call the original owner. They aren't allowed to give you a puppy they know to be sick rather than paying for a vet themselves.
    israelissick Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jul 17, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aloha86
    what state do u live in? sounds just like what is going on with my puppy. i just got him on tuesday and he hasnt had an appetite for two days. i took him to the vet they tested him for parvo it was negative but thats all they did for me and he still seems sick!

You should tae your dog to another vet and have him tested again. At the time he was tested before he may not have been sheding the virus but he may very well have it. I used to work in a humane society and any puppies showing these symptoms were always tested multiple times.
    xxgawjuzuxx Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2008, 05:48 AM
    I don't know if it will help but this sounds a bit like my old dog who had to be put down at the start of the year with severe kidney failure she was 7 years old though.. I don't know if that will help?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Sounds like worms or parasite. You need t take the pup to the vet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

Sick puppy, what should I do? [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting worried, trying not to panic. This is my first dog. She's a jack russell cross chihuaha, 13 weeks old, female. Yesterday morning she kept gagging and vomiting into her mouth then swallowing it. That happened about 5 times, she was heaving a lot each time. Last night she had a...

Sick Puppy! [ 32 Answers ]

I adopted a puppy from our local pound two days ago. He's about nine weeks old. At first, he was relatively playful, ate a bit (although not as much as I though he should), pooped once (solid) and seemed generally okay except for a hacking cough. I brought him to the vet yesterday, and he was found...

Sick puppy [ 2 Answers ]

My six month old lab has lost her apatite and has refused to eat the last two days she won't drink much water either. She had dry heaves last night. She has been around kid for the last two day's and I think they may have given bubble gum or kit kat bars or both. When do y'all think I should go to...

Sick puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a litter of 7 pups, 6wks old. I went to check on them and mom as I always do around 9:30 pm and one of them was vomiting and shivering. Brought her in the house to try to keep her warm. She drank some water and vomited it up within 30 minutes. None of the other pups seem to have any...

View more questions Search