Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddylongstruck Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Mentally and physically wiped out
    Loss of mother has left me with no meaning of life very confused. Don't know what to do was raised against suicide thAT IT IS WRONG. WHAT DO YOU DO? ALWAYS BEEN CLOSE TO GOD. NOW IM FEELING LOSS. NO FAMILY TO TALK TO.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 10:49 PM
    You will find people here that you can discuss things with who will have empathy for you and the way that you feel.

How have you lost your mother, please?
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 11:10 PM
    I can see that you are no longer logged onto the site. I do hope that you return, because there are some really fine people here who can help you to work out how you feel and the actions that you might take that would be the best for you.

I wish you well! :)

Jun 8, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    You will find people here that you can discuss things with who will have empathy for you and the way that you feel.

How have you lost your mother, please?
    Mother deseased through by weak heart.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Please forgive me, and thanks for answering, but I'm still confused here. Has she died?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 05:57 AM
    You are not alone in your loss, My best friend is going through the same thing, loss of his beloved mother,and now no interest in living/no one to discuss it with(even me unfortunately)

So many support groups in the world and none where we want them to be,in our lap.

I myself am going through isolation and recovering from other issues,I would love to have someone come to me for support and fellowship,alas I need to get out and do what I need to do for my own good,It is VERY hard at first but I have been through similer situations and will succeed.

I hope you try something like a mental health center,not for medications(unless you think you need them)but for support(bereavement classes)and/or counseling,it does work with willingness and a hope that this is a growth phase, not an ending.

Hope this is helpful,

Ken
    sam8988378 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daddylongstruck
    loss of mother has left me with no meaning of life very confused. dont know what to do was raised against suicide thAT IT IS WRONG. WHAT DO YOU DO? ALWAYS BEEN CLOSE TO GOD. NOW IM FEELING LOSS. NO FAMILY TO TALK TO.
    I have found a website which offers support for the grieving process: Section Desriptions for GriefNet.org Site.

I also have lost my mother. It was a long, drawn out, painful decline. For me, it was a soul-sucking experience. Although there was family, I was the primary caregiver, ran the house, literally did everything. As you are the only family, you probably did the same thing. Your life probably revolved around your mom, and the tasks you did to help may have felt like trying to put stability, some sort of order in the face of unimaginable loss.

Now there's overwhelming grief and a feeling that what you do now doesn't matter? The feelings are normal. For a long whle, your purpose was your mother. I've been through that. It happened 8 years ago and I'm still alive.

What helped: initially, xanex. It's gotten a bad rap due to people who abuse it, but it is a valid medication made for situations like this. I also did a lot of blocking, and still try to stear my thoughts away from that time. I also very seriously urge you to consider behavioral/cognitive therapy. This type of therapy focuses on giving you the tools to reclaim your life. If you live in the NYC area, there are often free studies which provide cognitive/behavior therapy at no cost. There may be other teaching hospitals in your area which offer the same. I was lucky enough to receive therapy for free (both group and individual) within months after my mothers' death, and it really helped. If this isn't an option where you live then go to the phone book and look under "mental health". Most hospitals have some sort of mental health clinics which provide treatment on a sliding scale.

Don't be resistant to the idea of getting therapy. The brain is a part of your body, just as much as your arms or legs. If something was wrong with your legs and it potentially could prevent you from walking, wouldn't you go to a doctor? Would you just sit around, watch your legs fall apart, and wait until you qualified for one of those scooters? :eek: Of course not! Now its not your legs but your brain which needs the help. Studies have found that depression, left untreated, creates new neural pathways in the brain. These pathways become the new route for your thinking, so that depressive thinking (and feeling) become more commonplace. Its like driving down a new road, then eventually this is the only road your car will go. I know that right now its very hard to feel up to starting something new, but please take it one step at a time. Write out the steps and check them off as you do them.

You may find it hard to believe, but someday (not tomorrow, maybe not even next month, but it will happen), you may find yourself having dinner with friends, going to movies, dating. You will still miss your mother, but that will only be a small part of who you are. You will be living a real life.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing, OK?

Jun 10, 2008, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Please forgive me, and thanks for answering, but I'm still confused here. Has she died?
    Yes , she passed away approx 4 months ago 2008.

Jun 10, 2008, 02:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC
    You are not alone in your loss, My best friend is going through the exact same thing, loss of his beloved mother,and now no interest in living/no one to discuss it with(even me unfortunately)

So many support groups in the world and none where we want them to be,in our lap.

I myself am going through isolation and recovering from other issues,I would love to have someone come to me for support and fellowship,alas I need to get out and do what I need to do for my own good,It is VERY hard at first but I have been through similer situations and will succeed.

I hope you try something like a mental health center,not for medications(unless you think you need them)but for support(bereavement classes)and/or counseling,it does work with willingness and a hope that this is a growth phase, not an ending.

Hope this is helpful,

Ken
    Thanks, I will try all solutions. Very Grateful for your response.
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Thank you for your clarification as to what happened, daddylongstruck! I am sure that you will continue to receive very helpful and supportive answers here!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physically Harming [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone ever been in the same room as someone being physically attacked and see the bruise?

I had a brownish spot when I wiped after unprotected intercourse last night ! [ 6 Answers ]

I already have two little ones of my own I have been ovulating since the 22nd of march and it is now the 24th of march and we had unprotected sex last night we want to conceive a little boy because we have two girls well I held my legs in the air for 30 minutes then I went to bed and I woke up this...

Mentally and physically suffering [ 2 Answers ]

:confused:recently I have been drawn back to feeling depressed but this time it has also affected me physically I feel completely unattractive (had my son in feb) with body changes and gneral not picking myself up I'm worried because my boyfriends moving up in a week and I'm not being myself

Physically abusive [ 13 Answers ]

I've always thought I was the type of person who wouldn't fight, physically, in a relationship. Here recently, I proved myself wrong by hitting the love of my life quite a few times. It all happened because he smoked weed and he knew how I felt when it came down to that. We're spending time apart...

Using pvc with glue wiped off ? [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to glue a 3 in pvc tee and could not make the connection.I immediately wiped off the glue from both ends without joining them, can I reuse the tee?

View more questions Search