Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Can't get Craftsman Mower started
    I was mowing my lawn and I hit a rock. The mower stopped and noticed it was low on gas. I filled it up and now I can't get it started! I changed the air filter, spark plug, and put in fresh gas. I've found some links saying that it might be the safety switch, but I have checked the Sears links and checked the manual and can't find where the safety switches are! This mower is only a couple of years old! It doesn't seem like it's getting a spark.

Please help! My lawn is taking over my house!

Thanks! The model number is 917.388690

Heath
    blairwtsn Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Did you check the oil level?
    Sometimes when your oil level is very low it will not start.
    Even if it was running a few minutes prior.

Learned that lesson with a snowblower ;)

Blair
    heatha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 07:33 PM
    I checked it, it is full. I dumped a little out the other day, because it looked a little too full.
    blairwtsn Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Then it is possible that youu bent the blade shaft when you hit the rock.

Blair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Change mower belt on craftsman mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman mower, 50 inch deck, I need a manual on how to change the main belt. Where can a find a diagram?

Craftsman mower stopped moving but blade engagement still works and mower starts [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone help me determine why my craftsman kohler engine 16hp manuel transmission riding lawnmower stopped being able to move but still is able to turn on/off and engage the mower blade? I have checked the clutch but it appears to work since the mower is able to be turned on/off. All of the...

Craftsman mower won cut even [ 4 Answers ]

I have a craftsman riding mower and the deck cuts uneven . I need a suggestion on help fixing it,matthew

Too much oil in craftsman mower [ 1 Answers ]

For my first mow of the season, I didn't realize there was already oil in the tank and I added more, overfilling it. After I did this I put in new gas, and then started mowing. Soon after, the mower started smoking so I turned it off. It was then when I realized I had put in too much oil. My...

View more questions Search