Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oceanpeace Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Friend losing too much weight
    I have a friend that is losing too much weight and is in denial. I try to help but she will not listen how can I approach her?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 26, 2008, 01:54 PM
    What is your definition of too much weight? What did she weigh before, what does she weigh now? How is she losing the weight?

May 26, 2008, 02:44 PM
    She has lost about 15-20 pounds by not eating certain meals like breakfast or lunch, eating only salads, and has tried to vomit.
    Vision Expert

May 26, 2008, 02:59 PM
    So she is eating better and losing weight? That a good idea. Did she tell you that she has vomited? Or do you assume this?

May 26, 2008, 03:55 PM
    She told me. But she said that she will not do it again.
    Vision Expert

May 26, 2008, 04:36 PM
    So she's eating good, and she made a mistake and learned from it. It doesn't sound like anything you need to be worried about. She is replacing meals with healthy food. That's a great start. Is she working out?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 06:42 PM
    If she's missing major meals especially breakfast this is not a good diet! Breakfast is the most important meals because your body has been with anu nutrition throughout the night, so something as simple as yogurt or fruit, milk, and wheat toast, all low in calories would be the thing for her to do. She can cut calories by eating all the meals necessary, but try and convenience her salads are great, fruits, veggies, whole grains. But your body needs certain nutrients every day in order to stay healthy. Losing weight can be achieved even when you eat throughout the day, by eating smart, smaller portions, but include all food groups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why aren't I losing weight? [ 3 Answers ]

I keep exersizing, and eating rele healthy food, but I can't loos, weight. What am I doing wrong?

Losing Weight [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 12 and she weighs 166 pounds how can she loose weight? Like how much should she eat. Or what should she do?

Losing weight [ 1 Answers ]

Is jogging or walking is a effective way to loose weight... :confused:

Losing weight. [ 4 Answers ]

My goal for the summer is to loose some weight before high school =]. But the problem is since that it is way to hot outside I don't seem to get to motivated to go outside and workout, or workout inside... So what I've been doing is not eating as much but sometimes I would sneek in a few junkies...

Losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

:( I'm a teenager but I'm kind of fat:( I want to loose weight how can I do that except taking all these pills and stuff cause I don't trust them ! I want to looze weight but I don't know a way Help me!! Xoxo

View more questions Search