From heat to air conditioner
    Heat pump will not switch from heat to ac... help
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 26, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Model number and brand of unit?

Bad reversing valve
    Bad reversing valve coil
    Check for 24 volts at the coil If present check for coil continuity/OHM if defective replace.

Valve itself will have to be professionally replaced since it is brazed in place.

If you replaced the thermostat lately that could also be a problem if not set up or wired correctly.

Make sure wires going to the outside unit are OK. Dogs/animals chew on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GMC Central Heat and Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Since a motor is out in my central AC and I have a propane furnace, I was wondering if if might be just as well to buy another complete unit. Advertised locally is GMC 4 ton CH&A Unit with a 15 KW furnace. $550.00. Earle

No heat from Central air conditioner [ 5 Answers ]

I am not getting no heat from my a/c. The fan is blowing out cool air. What is my problem?

Aux Heat comes on when I turn my air conditioner on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 1F58-58 Thermostat. When I turn my airconditioner on to cool, the Aux Heat automatically comes on and blows hot air?? Please help!

Ruud Air Conditioner or Heat Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced my Old Thermostat with a Honeywell CT87A 4447 about a year ago and only the Air conditioner/ cooling part works now. It worked perfectly well before, now the heat will not operate. There is only 4 wires R W G B, the unit is a Ruud Model #USNd-036J MFG Date 1989. Is this unit a heat...

Ductless Air Conditioner/Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 225 sq.ft. insulated bonus room with a 7' ceiling over my garage. Although there are two supply lines and a return to this room from 3 Ton Central Air unit they are not sufficient to cool or heat this room. In fact, the 3 ton unit was really only sized for the 2500 sq. ft. main floor. ...

View more questions Search