Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alfred Ament Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Tempstar furnace ,delayed blower action
    Sears #867-769426 High effience unit
    Blower comes on after 5 to 6 minutes!after flames go on !

What can I do I changed the Limitcontrol and set it at 250 degrees and is still doing the same !

Al
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 24, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Replace control. It has gone out of range
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Ament
    Sears #867-769426 High effience unit
    Blower comes on after 5 to 6 minutes!after flames go on !

What can i do I changed the Limitcontrol and set it at 250 degrees and is still doing the same !

Al
    If you want the blower to come on quicker you need to reduce the temp setting on the fan limit control(first pin adjustment fan off temp, second pin fan on temp, third pin high heat limit shut down temp). Dirty burners or low gas pressure will take it a long time to heat up all so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need age of Tempstar Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar Furnace Model # NUGK125DK03 / 867.769442 I am trying to find out the age of this furnace. It says it is High Efficient. Can someone please tell me the approx date of manufacture or a location where I can get this info. Thanks.

Tempstar furnace [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 80+ tempstar with the smartvalve gas valve. During the call for heat, the inducer motor starts, but the ignitor will not come on and light. I checked the ignitor and it is good. I checked for voltage and it is good. Could the gas valve be bad, since the ignitor is controlled by the valve...

Tempstar furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My tempstar furnace burners light and then turn off, light and turn off, they cyle about every 3-5 seconds, when they should burn continuously. What is the problem?

Tempstar blower doesn't come on [ 3 Answers ]

Having problems with my Tempstar furnace, the blower fails to come on automatically when the oil burner starts up but can be turned on manually from the thermostat. I think the problem is intermittent. Took a look at the blower, the windings were covered in 1/2 inch of dust but the fan itself...

View more questions Search