Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpsaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Improve heat circulation
    I have a home with a ceiling approximately 17 foot ceiling. The house is heated from the top or attic. At approximately 8pm even though the thermostat indicates 70 degree, the house feels like 60. Is there anyway that I can improve the heat circulation so that the entire house is 70 degrees ?

Email:[email protected]
    Phone:914-843-6059
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Add a low return air and or run your blower all the time. If your supply grills and return air is mounted high the warm air will take for ever to reach you. Remember your thermostat set around 5 ft off the floor so if your setting in a chair you are a few degrees cooler at that level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water Circulation Pump failure [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have a Grundfos hot water circulation pump installed. All was fine and dandy until last week when we had a water outage for several hours. Now the pump is making terrible noises and I disconnected it.. Questions: 1. Is there a way to repair it or do I need to get a new one? 2. I saw...

New Marathon Water Heater and Desuperheater + circulation? [ 6 Answers ]

I’m in the process of installing a new Marathon water heater, model 8545, which will be coupled to the desuperheater of my geothermal system. The propane water heater that this new unit is replacing has a return line from the far end of the house from one of the bathrooms. This return line allows...

AC -- wetting cooling fins improve heat exchange efficiency? [ 7 Answers ]

Would wetting outdoor cooling fins improve the efficiency of an AC unit? The unit in question is a central AC unit, but presumably the principle would remain the same for window units. AC cooling fins aid in heat exchange by exploiting their large surface area. Would wetting the fins to...

Hot tub circulation and heating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tiger river spa bengal model m was here when I bought the house. When just the circulation pump is running the temp stays at where you want it to stay... when you turn the main jets on about 10 min the water cools off... and doesn't warm back up you have to hit the heater thermal cut off...

Hot water re- circulation not working [ 6 Answers ]

I had a loop added from the end of my hot water plumbing to the drain valve on my water heater many years ago. The system has worked great and I found I didn't need to use the pump to get the hot water to flow as gravity did the trick. I just had a new hot water heater installed and now the...

View more questions Search