Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emma151 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

May 21, 2008, 05:24 AM
    Emotional Overeating
    Hi I'm Emma, I just turned 14 in November and in the last around 2 months I have been having a real problem with eating.

Its not that I'm not eating at all but I'm eating too much. I eat all the time even when I'm not hungry. Every night I say that I will eat less and not snack but I just can't do it, its like something is controlling me to keep eating.

Also i feel so so guilty after i eat and feel so fat but i just can't stop eating...

Even when I have a full stomach I still need to eat.
    Im putting on more and more weight and I'm scared that I might become anorexic or become obessie.

I really need some help, or just some advice.

Thank You
    :)

P.S : If you want to contact me email me on EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    Thank You
    ladieedee21 Posts: 96, Reputation: 6

May 21, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Just try to be yourselff... I mean.. I love foodd alott. I don't eat at nightt.. but I love and enjoy eating food.. that's my thing... but come on.. dont you like to be fitt... eat three times a day and between them eat healthy... fruits, milk, anything healthy..
    Have a schedule to eat.. if you can't control yourselff... make that schedule a commitment..
    say if you don't follow it... ur not going to listen to.. [say your ipod] for 1year..
    youu know do stuff like that.. to control yourself..
    think about it...

I will gain wieght and be fatt.. I mean real bigg... nd then who knows I probably would go through a lot like that..

be yourself chickk.. I knoww you could make a change.
    you could do it!
    your not the only who loves food... we do.. but wee have limitss to it
    =]]
    I will emaill you...
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2008, 05:16 PM
    You know what, I have a secret...
    I have a very hard time saying no to food, what ever it is and I love it, even with a full tummy I still want more. With that being said, it is unhealthy and I am making serious changes to avoid doing it. And if I am vocal about it and not quiet and keeping it to myself, like at dinner I say out loud to my family that I am only going to eat this much because I don't want to lose all the hardwork I have done so far. Then you said it... you now have to follow through. It isn't that I have a weight problem, I just eat everything and anything... I want to be healthy, and I believe you do too. Like Ladiee said, be yourself and do things that may help you not take those extra bites;) Good luck and keep us posted on how its going or if you just need to say something out loud to make yourself follow through;)
    jaju Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 04:52 AM
    I have the exact proble. I mean I'm not fat, because I restrict myself during the weekdays. When I'm at home I just pig out. Even when I'm not hungry. I thought I had some sort of illness, but realsied it was all in my head. The best thing to do is to find other ways of being happy and other stuff to do. I mean at the end of the day food will always be there, and there's no need to make yourself ill by eating too much. Make sure you eat slowly and really taste every biteful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emotional Overeating [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have gained 100 pounds in one year due to emotional overeating. I fill the void in my heart and soul by eating anything that gets my mind off the fact that I'm unhappy. I want to be happy again and I can't be happy while I'm overweight. I want to have a family and live a normal life....

Emotional Overeating [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have gained 100 pounds in one year due to emotional overeating. I fill the void in my heart and soul by eating anything that gets my mind off the fact that I'm unhappy. I want to be happy again and I can't be happy while I'm overweight. I want to have a family and live a normal life....

Save a boy who has compulsive overeating disorder [ 3 Answers ]

My son who is now 4 year old has compulsive overeating disorder. As a mother, I desperate need help to HELP him as he is still little. Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated. Ever since my little boy started eating table food, he's been having hard time stop eating. It's like he doesn't...

Emotional health [ 1 Answers ]

What is your currentr status of health within that dimension?

View more questions Search