Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batgirl2009 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Found love in Navy boys's eyes. Too bad parents hate him
    Ok so I met this guy 3 years ago through a friend of mine and we hit it off right from the start. We talked ALL the time. But he's going on 20 and I'm going on 17. So my parents see an issue with it. Especially now that he is in the Navy. He's coming down to see me for my birthday and it's the first time I will have seen him since I was 15. And I can't wait. The only problem is that my parents have told me to stop talking to him. I hate disobeying them but I don't feel like they have a right to keep me from him. And as if that wasn't hard enough he dropped the l- bomb (love) last night on the phone. Am I wrong for still talking to him? I don't want to upset my parents but I don't want to give him up.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 18, 2008, 02:17 PM
    So, you were 15 when you met him.. You waited this long, and you can wait a little longer, especially if this has been a long-distance relationship.

Your parents are just protecting you - that's natural instinct and I don't think they really 'hate' him. They might just feel that you are not ready to get involved with a soldier who might get deployed and never come back - they fear this might be worse than breaking communication now. I would not do anything behind their backs that you might regret later. Look at their point of view again and try to understand their possible reasons behind their request.

Ask them if they would be willing to get to know him as a friend, not a boyfriend yet. Meeting half-way is better than not at all.

Hope this helps, and please keep us posted.

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Sorry young lady but between the neighbor and this 20 year old, your decisions about the opposite sex are not very good at this time as he could end up in the same jail as your neighbor.
    I hate disobeying them but I don't feel like they have a right to keep me from him.
    They have every right as parents to do what it takes to keep you safe. Including sending Navy boy to JAIL. Yes you are jail bait for all the older males and you need to recognize this and obey your parents. When your 18, things will be a lot different so wait until your of age. That ain't now either.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...uy-216902.html
    Quote: batgirl
    And the last thing I want to do is get HIM in trouble for this.
    By T-Man
    If that motivates you fine, because messing with you sends him to JAIL!!
    Take a hard look at what your going through, your making that transition from girl/ to woman, and your behavior is important and has consequences.
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 02:57 PM
    They don't mean it in a rude way they just think that I have a seductive nature. Which makes situations like this unbelievably hard.
    And you love the attention your new found sexuality brings you from mature males. How about acting like a caring human, and not a seductive siren. Your smelling yourself kid, and your mind needs to catch up with your body.

OBEY YOUR PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay out of trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 18, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Discovering a seductive nature is also normal at your age, just learning how to control it and not get into trouble is what takes working on.

Find out all you can about this - other women's experiences, good and bad.. the more you are informed and understand the better for you to keep it in check and stay safe.

Nothing is worth losing the respect and love of your parents - and believe me, they know what you are going through, so talk to them.

If there is an acting group at school, join and test your abilities there - at least that's a safer environment than internet or neighborhood.

You told me of your future career goals, so learning about your emotions now and controlling them should be considered as a good place to start your studies.

May 18, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    And you love the attention your new found sexuality brings you from mature males. How about acting like a caring human, and not a seductive siren. Your smelling yourself kid, and your mind needs to catch up with your body.

OBEY YOUR PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay out of trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excuse me... Act like a caring human instead of a seductive siren?? Not to be rude but I am by no means going out of my way to attract older men to me. I go to the mall and do normal teenage activities. I don’t plan to attract the opposite sex at all. It just so happens that along with the teenage boys who are attracted to me, I have older men who like me too. This does NOT mean that I’m not a caring human. I am insulted to say the least. You don’t know me and it is awfully rude of you to make such a hasty assumption about me.
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Your smelling yourself kid, and your mind needs to catch up with your body.

You know your attracting older men, and your behavior is not one of caring, as they can go to jail, but of inexperience because despite the consequences, are you doing everything you can to avoid trouble? Case in point, the fellow in this thread.
    Am I wrong for still talking to him? I don't want to upset my parents but I don't want to give him up.
    You have two paths you can go down, attracting older men and rejecting them and saving them from jail, (caring human) or entertain their advances and encourage it (seductive siren). Which have you done so far? Give yourself a chance to let the mind mature as the body has, was the whole point. It was not mean't as an insult, just food for thought.

May 19, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Okay. Fair enough. Thank you for pointing that out
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Just so you know, I have had this same conversation many times with daughter, and the neices I raised. I'm sure you've had the same conversation with your parents, so don't ever think we would hesitate to send these guys to jail, or whatever it takes to protect our own blood, from predators. That's really why I hope you listen to your parents, and be patient, they have your best interest at heart.

May 19, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I know you are right Talaniman! It's just hard to do the mature thing. Like with my neighbor that is easier because I know deep down that I can't have feelings for him because he's married. And I couldn't live with myself if I ever did anything with him. With this boy it's different. And I know my parents have my best interest in mind. I don't know. Thank you for your input and helping me see this from a different light.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Ok, you have not "seen" him since you were 15, so you have either emailed or chatted or something. But if you have not seen him in 3 years, he can not "love" you, he may be in heat since he has been to navy boot camp, but love is not what I bet he is feeling.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 19, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Honey, just like in your other post regarding your neighbor..

This is not discovering a favorite brand of ice-cream and eating it until you burst, or a band that you absolutely go crazy over - that you sneak off to see them!

This is discovering your sexuality and seductive talents and enjoying it so much that you are letting it get out of proportion and take control over you, although professing innocence and inability to do anything about it. This is walking on dangerous ground.

It takes two people to be involved here - one who plays 'innocently' with it, and one who might not believe that it is so innocent and put you in a very dangerous situation wanting more than what you are thinking of giving. Believe me, this 'game' can wind up getting you raped and/or killed. Just read the papers or watch the news.

Again, this is not a game of tag where you can stop and go home when you feel like it. You have a responsibility to yourself and others to curb yourself. So, please heed our warnings - we do know what we are talking about. Talk to your parents, or other adults you trust and hope that they help you through this dangerous stage. They know you better than we do and can give you hints on a few things NOT to do while in this stage of growing up.

Get informed on this type of behavior and how to cope - and STOP acting like Jailbait.

If we did not care, we would not bother to spend time trying to help you understand how serious this issue is.

Talk to you later...

Expert

May 19, 2008, 04:17 PM
    I think we all know what's going on, as its strange we never hear of guys her age, just older ones. I don't believe in coincidence.

May 19, 2008, 05:54 PM
    So do enlighten me... what is going on?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 19, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by batgirl2009
    so do enlighten me... what is going on?

Your Profile says:
    Just your not so typically 16 year old girl. Trying to help and get help. Figuring out the rules to the game of life!
    When you first joined, you answered to a thread from Dec 1,2007 - replying to a young girl who was obsessed to get pregnant. You said that you'd love to also but feared your parents wouldn't go for it so you stick to babysitting.

Then you tell us about dreams of/with your neighbor.

Finally, your love for a person you met once, and willing to risk parental anger if they don't permit you to see him because he's older and in the Navy..

OK, we know it's hard growing up enough as it is, but when going 'drastic' like this on us, and professing to be an innocent virgin.. please don't expect us to sit back and think that all is well in your young mind.

We do have intelligence, resources and the ability to comprehend when not taken seriously. That last rebuff toward Talaniman was uncalled for and you know it.

So, until you can convince me that you are up-front and serious, I am through with you and will no longer waste my time or energy - it is short enough as it is.

Is that 'enlightenment' enough for you?

Expert

May 20, 2008, 06:02 AM
    How come you mention only older guys, and say nothing of the ones you go to school with?

May 20, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Well the first reason is because I go to an all girls school but that doesn't mean that I don't have contact with boys my age. I mainly don't bring them up because I don't have problems with teenage boys. Our interactions are not this complicated and don't have too many issues. You know aside from the whole "he just wants to get in my pants but I won't let him" kind of thing. Or him getting upset because I can't go to the mall on the weekend. My last comment that Chery was offended by was by no means supposed to be rude. It was a an honest question and I'm truly sorry if I upset you! I meant no harm.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 12:38 PM
    The only real difference is the older guys really want in your pants but they have learned better ways to act to get there.
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Young lady you are smart, and well written, and have a lot to look forward to, if you don't make a lot of bad decisions you will carry for a long time. Stay away from the older guys, and make your parents proud.

May 20, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Thanks Talaniman. I'm trying and I want you to know that I'm really thinking hard about everything you have said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My parents hate me.forever [ 11 Answers ]

I know for a fact my family hates me. They make fun of me almost everyday and I get blamed on everything. My dad used to be a heavy drinker and one night he went phsyco and my mom was on my side trying to stop him drinking. It was the wrost night of my life. A couple of weeks later my mom told me...

Why do parents hate their children? [ 18 Answers ]

Why do mothers hate their children?

I hate my parents I feel their inferior to me [ 16 Answers ]

:( :mad: I don't understand them my dads a phycologist and my moms a computer designer and I have what most would think is a perfect life but I think my parents are suffacating me so much I want to go back to a time 7 months ago when I was using drugs and alcohol to numb myself to the entire world...

I hate my parents right now [ 1 Answers ]

Garr! I hate my parents so much right now, All they tell me is how they liked me better before and how bad I am now, And that they hate how my hair looks. It makes me so mad And I tell them I don't care what they think of me Even though I do It feels like they hate me And I don't know...

Hate Girlfriends Parents [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, this is something I've had playing on my mind for ages believe me. I have read some other forums trying to find something similar however I think I need a personal specific views. Scene: I have been with my girlrfiend for 3yrs on and off. I am 21 she is 20. She is great and would do anything...

View more questions Search