Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    03fridge Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2006, 06:36 PM
    Actually I'm still very much in love with her and would get back together with her no questions asked. Its not that she dated someone else since we were doing the break thing and it seems everyone takes that moment to stray a tad before they make up their mind on what will happen next, but the disappointment that she didn't keep her word about telling me. I can even understand her reaction about her telling me we would never be friends again and never to contact her again. Heck she got caught in a lie in front of her date and she reacted in a way to put her back in charge and try and put herself in the best light. Just because I understand her thought process doesn't mean I totally agree with it or have to put up with it. Hence that's why I gave her what she asked for. I just find it interesting now after two months she is making her presence now again, and still trying to see if I'll be there for her.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 08:30 AM
    About 97% of the time... when women say the say they: need a break, space, time, it's me... IT'S ALWAYS ANOTHER GUT - ALWAYS!! ALWAYS!! TAKE NOTE GUYS.

Dude - she sounds like a liar and a cheater... AND you weren't allowed to date!!

It's always another guy with women.

Move on. You DO NOT WANT THIS WOMAN. Period, end of story. And I rarely say that.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 08:36 AM
    You should have zero contact with this women going forward. She's a complete mess.

It's the old "people want wha tthey can't have" deal in your head. You are in love with a DREAM that might be what the relationship could be... but it's NOT reality... in relaity she's a complete mess, lied, cheated on you.
    Jac Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2006, 09:30 AM
    Yup. No good. And possessive. And controlling. What the heck are surprising visits are for?
    03fridge Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Guys, I now you are exactly right about being in love with the DREAM of what could've been. Even though I am still in love with her I know we can never be together again as much as I would like to. I just can't put myself through that again knowing exactly what the outcome would be. Trust me I'm not blind to any of what you're saying. I was just running at the mouth in my last posts, but then reality set in and I once again came back to reality. Its good to be back. I guess just hearing from her and seeing her again out of the blue caught me off guard.

Wildcat21- should I expect to see more contacts in the near future until she figures out its not going to happen and then will I see an increase in effort on her part before she gives up?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2006, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 03fridge
    Actually I'm still very much in love with her and would get back together with her no questions asked. Its not that she dated someone else since we were doing the break thing and it seems everyone takes that moment to stray a tad before they make up their mind on what will happen next, but the disappointment that she didn't keep her word about telling me. I can even understand her reaction about her telling me we would never be friends again and never to contact her again. Heck she got caught in a lie in front of her date and she reacted in a way to put her back in charge and try and put herself in the best light. Just because I understand her thought process doesn't mean I totally agree with it or have to put up with it. Hence that's why I gave her what she asked for. I just find it interesting now after two months she is making her presence now again, and still trying to see if I'll be there for her.

Dear, you figured most if this out and yes, it still hurts and you still have feelings for her - otherwise you would not be human. But the other side of the coin in humans is that some, when rejected - seek payback - and that's what she's doing to your mind right now.

Please stick to your initial plans in staying away from her, and getting over the pain - look forward and let her steam. She will get over it too - the first guy she meets and gets her nails into will probably pay for what you did not - so let this woman continue with her games - she will eventually grow up - but not to benefit you.

Good luck in finding the one who will love you for who you are and appreciates what she has. You no longer trust this lady, and once that's gone, it's irretrievable.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 5, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Im just going to put this bluntly go on with your life. From what you posted she seems as though she is very confused about what she wants. I don't understant the whole business of returning the check to you two months later. It sounds like a pathetic attempt to contact you, but it's a really strange way of going about it. What's so wrpong with picking up the phone and saying "hey how are you, whats up,,blah.blah" I can't understand people who act like this. These games people play are ridiculous.

If I were you I'd just continue on with my life as though you never heard from her or that you didn't run into her sister in law (or your sister in law, forgot which). Until she physically contacts you herself I would ignore it completely. You don't need those games no one does. Besides your doing just what she wanted you to do in the first place, give her the space she wanted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search