Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tooch420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Radiant floor heating in basement.
    Where do I find that plywood with the channels in it for radiant tubing. And how much am I looking at, is it worth it?

Thank you
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 18, 2008, 06:19 AM
    You are looking at calling your local plumbing supply house and checking it out with them.

Prices and companies differ from state to state... but overall this is a great system!

Basically...whatever kind of radiant heat PIPING you use will determine the radiant heat panel system that you will be using...

Check out this link to get you started:

Quik Trak - Wirsbo Quik Trak - Wirsbo Quik Trak Panels

This is the wirsbo system with QUIK track system... review this and then go to your local supplier and see what they use in your area.

Get them to work you up a quote on all material required for the job (bring them info. They will need here, size of room, window sizes, insulation thickness in walls, door count, etc.).

Then compare different systems and see what your best choice is. If you are doing enough work may be to your benefit to see if local plumber can purchase all this stuff for you... they get a 20-30% discount over your prices... may be willing to split the difference with you... save some money for you, make some money for the plumber, and may also get some help/suggestions, too... ;)

Hope that helped you some... good luck in your project! Mark

steven62 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Call Watts Radiant and ask about SubRay. 800-276-2419 They will be glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radiant floor heating book? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to plan a radiant floor heating system for my house (built in 1912). I am basically redoing the entire house top to bottom so I figure I might as well change from radiators to radiant heating. I understand the concepts and have read everything I can find on it. I'm looking for a good...

Radiant Floor Heating [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a ranch house with natural gas radiant floor heating. It takes about 4 hours to reach my set temperature. Then it overshoots the temperature. Once it gets back down to the set temperature, the concrete (with embedded copper pipes) is cold again, which means another 4 hours to get...

Radiant heating and tankless water? [ 6 Answers ]

We are getting ready to bulid a 5000 sq ft home, and I'm getting advice from friends to do floor heating instead of usual blowing air heating, and to install tankless water heaters instead of regular water heaters. What is the difference in cost, and will I save money in the long run by saving on...

Central heating temperature difference 1st floor-basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an old house and the gas furnace is just about as old as the house. The problem I have is that the temperature on the first floor is a lot higher than the basement. I did try to close some of the vents on the 1st floor and open the ones in the basement but I still have a big...

Tankless heater for Radiant floor heating [ 1 Answers ]

I read somewhere that you can't use a tankless water heater for hydronic floor heating. Yet the tankless heater I purchased (Nortis or something like that), specifically states that as one of the applications. Is there anything I need to be concerned about?

View more questions Search