Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mahendra kumar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 03:42 AM
    Accounting of material in transit
    Kindly tell me how the accounting of material in transit done.
    Is it add purchase & closing stock and effects in profit of company .
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

May 23, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Generally. Goods in transit are not treated as inventoried items. They must be received and title transferred. If you buy abroad and title passes fob in the foreign country or at the ship, for inventory purposes, create a new account for goods in transit as own it.
    Jomony Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 07:34 AM
    We Can still acrue it as an inventory item, since we can still pay for the goods while in transit and receive them in the system, if we have a proof of delivery to freight GNRV. Thanks Julius Barrick Supply Department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Sales Price Variable Material Costs Fixed Monthly Costs [ 0 Answers ]

I have no clue where to begen with this, I could use some help! Its due on Friday night and the teacher as done nothing to help here. I'm totally lost. The individual portion of this assignment is for each person to produce his/her own solution to the following. Claire’s Antiques has fixed cost...

Deposits in transit [ 1 Answers ]

How do you figure out what a deposit in transit is... in normal people terms haha. NOT LOOKING FOR A TEXT BOOK DEFINITION PLEASE

Training in two weeks for transit police and I can not do a sit up properly what todo [ 1 Answers ]

In two weeks I am scheduled to take a physical exam for The Metro transit Police... and right now my confidence is extremely low because I feel like I am not going to make it through the test... now this is something I really want to do but I am not that fit... meaning I can not remember the last...

Switch Transit [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose that each of the 10 computers connected to a switch can transmit data at 10Mbps. What is the maximum possible throughtput of the switch?

File Changes format during transit [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone enlighten us ( a small community non profit group) why a DOC file would change to a DAT file during email transit from only that persons PC to the rest of our group's PC ? ( 25 persons) I assume the sender might be using Win 98 and some other users have XP and a small number of...

View more questions Search