Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rperrone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 05:59 PM
    German Money-1922s
    I have some German money--German Bank Notes--10,000 Marks--January 1922 AND 10,000 German Bank Notes--February, 1923. What is their value if I sold them to a dealer of antique money?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 04:27 AM
    How much they are worth monetarily would greatly depend on the condition of them. Do you know what condition they are in?

May 16, 2008, 07:13 PM
    They are in excellent condition.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Rperrone - I will be able to check on this ,this comeing MONDAY , and I hope I will be able to give you your answer Monday or at least TUESDAY NIGHT .::: HAVE a GOOD DAY & GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 11:16 PM
    Rperrone - I gopt the wrong books , I got book that was dated 1961 - threw 2000, and I need it to be BACK TO 1922 at least. Sorry , I goofed ,but I will be going back to the big city tomorrow afternoon or Monday and I will look this time . Have a good day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    Thomcollects Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Most German inflation notes from the Weimar Republic era are valued at 50¢ to $2 each. If you post the exact dates of the notes, I can be more specific. Inflation was so bad that it took about 4,000,000,000 (four billion) Marks to equal on US dollar. If the one note is dated Feb. 3, 1923, it is valued several hundred dollars.

Jul 7, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Thank you for your information. I have several notes from February, 1923. Do you have a suggestion about who I should contact about them? Thank you.
    Ruth Perrone
    Thomcollects Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Hi Ruth,

Do the notes say REICHBANKNOTE across the top? Several cities and states in Germany also issued currency. If there is a way you could scan one, I'd be able to be sure they are woth your while to deal with.
    M.I.D.1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 03:22 AM
    Hi I have just been reading though this subject of german money , I to have a 50,000 Reichsbanknote that was given to me my grand farther from when he served in germany in 1922 , he said he took it from a officers lock box he found while on patrol , my farther had the officers whatch with his name and rank on the back , the numbers on the top of the note are D.16286444 , is this worth anything?? Gratefully , Marcus , southport ,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search