Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M_CONTR Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Keyboard not responding
    I have Xp windows home.I have a problem with my keyboard is not responding,but before that every time that I hit a key it will do it twice like a it will be aa. I tried to unlock by click the Esc key nothing happened,I tried to use Windows,left alt,left,left shift ,NOW it's like really lock I don't know what to do.I tried to use the windows,alt,shift right...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Unplug it, turn it upside and shake HARD.
    Once you have done that run your fingers over EVERY key to ensure they are all free.
    The blow in the connector and plug it back in.
    You might need to reboot, but that should help.
    M_CONTR Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 11:41 AM
    How do I do that reboot? Without losing my pictures,songs,videos,my favorites.
    If I understand well once I do that I'm going to lost everything,it's like formatted and install the sistem again.I have the recovery discs(2) I am not sure it does include the XP program.What's it exactly to back up ?how do I do that.I'm guessing I can save my stuff before even do the reboot... thank you
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 14, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Reboot, is basically shutting down and turning the Computer back on.
    You may try a "System Restore" back in time to a Date that worked.
    For XP, I think something like Start/Control Panel(switch to Category view)/then Performance and Maintenance/System Restore/select "Restore my Computer to an earlier Time". Select a Bold Date. You shouldn't loose photos or files,
    Any programs installed after that date will need to be reinstalled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop Keyboard not responding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My keyboard is not responding for my laptop. I can plug in a desktop keyboard in the back of the laptop and type fine, but my laptop keyboard do not respond. Do anyone have a idea how to get my keyboard working again. I tried reinstalling windows xp, check the keyboard setting,...

Laptop keyboard not responding [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Vaio, and the keyboard doesn't work but only in Windows. I can access to the BIOS, I can press F8 to choose safe mode or else, and either normally or in safe mode, Keyboard is not responding. Plugging a usb one is fine, trackball is fine, external mouse is OK. Nothing special in the device...

Always getting not responding [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I go to any site no matter what I am doing I get a not responding,and then it will freeze up.what can I do to get the problem fixed.please help me please!

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Keyboard not responding after plugging another one into a laptop [ 1 Answers ]

My Dell laptop keyboard is not responding. I was having trouble using my laptop keyboard so a friend plugged a regular keyboard into it. It worked fine for awhile then stopped responding. My laptop keyboard has stopped responding also. What to do?

View more questions Search