Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katie Brown 22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 11:02 AM
    I feel like the other woman - I probably am
    I'm married, but have recently entered into a relationship with my former fiancé. He is in a relationship with someone else (dating), but we've come to love each other once again. I am not happy in my marriage, and he is not happy in his relationship. We make plans to get together to spend some time with each other, but his girlfriend decides to stay with him, so that blows our plans. I'm at the point now where I feel it is just best to end our relationship as we don't get to spend but a short time together if that. We talk on the phone quite a lot, but it's not enough anymore. It's killing me, but I feel like he really doesn't want to be with me. My husband is a great guy, but I just don't love him anymore. Is there anyone else out there who can relate?:confused: :(
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 11:08 AM
    How about you do that great guy a favor and get a divorce. For once, start thinking about someone else's feelings besides you own. You are committing adultry at it's finest, congratulations. Both of you need to end the relationships you are in and let the two spouses that obviously deserve a lot better go out and find better.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 9, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    How about you do that great guy a favor and get a divorce. For once, start thinking about someone else's feelings besides you own. You are committing adultry at it's finest, congradulations. Both of you need to end the relationships you are in and let the two spouses that obviously deserve a lot better go out and find better.
    Ouch, that's harsh. But I agree. There is no reason for the two of you to take part in ruining two other people's lives because you have not been able to settle things in a mature way. Spare the others' feelings before you try to figure anything out with your ex.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

May 9, 2008, 11:22 AM
    You are the other woman and he is the other man... you are both in relationships and I take it your husband and his girlfriend know nothing about the two of you.

That my dear is called "cheating" and it doesn't matter that he was your fiancé at one time.

You need to have a serious talk with your husband. If you don't want to be with him anymore, that should have been determined before you started seeing your ex beau.

If you want to save you marriage you need to seek counceling.

If you are sure you want to end your marriage then you need to do so before you or he get hurt worse than has already been determined.

However, stranger things have happened.

I have a girlfriend that (though I don't approve) told her husband she doesn't want to be with him and quite simply he said she could see other men. He didn't want to lose her... he still loves her. So here it is 6 months later and they are physically separated (they live in 2 different homes... she has a boyfriend... they share custody of the kids... )

How this will end? No one knows...

The point is you need to talk to the man you are legally bound to and tell him it is over in one way or the other...

And I'm not trying to be rude, but all the sneaking isn't very mature...

Perhaps you can hook your husband up with your boyfriends girlfriend? (That sounded very Jerry Springer... )
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Of course you were the other women and you had an affair with him knowing that. Your both cheating on your spouse with each other and that were your first mistake.

I have a question for since you stated you no longer love your husband, was it before you had a affair with your ex that you felt you no longer loved your husband or something else?

It seems to me that your mad that whatever plans you and your ex made fail because he went back to his ex, or he was together with her all along and you thought he was going be with you, not sure because your post is a little confusing.

However now see what you thoug was greener on the other side was not! You could not have a realationship with him because your both was already involved with someone and was married so it seems like your both used each other but it seems you thought it was love!

Where does your husband fit into all of this, because its unfair to him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 9, 2008, 01:21 PM
    but his girlfriend decides to stay with him, so that blows our plans.
    Yeah, like he has nothing to say about them staying together. Seems to me like he doesn't care as much as you think, and that great guy you married who does care, is being cheated on. Does he deserve that? You had better take a strong dose of reality, and get your act together.
    Why exactly don't you love that great guy you married, and why the freak did you marry him?
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

May 9, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Tell your husband the truth! He seems like such a nice guy, so why would you want to hurt him like that.. You think the grass is greener on the other side, well now you have four people involved and all of you are going to hurt over this..
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 9, 2008, 03:26 PM
    All the clichéd phrases are fine. But you know what's going on, you know what you're doing, you know it's wrong, but since you have feelings you're saying "I don't care" about right and wrong and character and wisdom and just doing what you want.

You're behaving by pure instinct, undermining 1000s of years of developing a conscience and a mind and sense of commitment... all the things nature's animals DON'T have... you're tossing all that away for some feelings.

Awesome. Based on your ability to so callously disregard your vows and your "great guy"... it is doubtful you will listen to any reasonable argument here from strangers. Who are we to tell you anything?

Just make sure you're being honest. The pretty words of rationalization we use to make our horridly selfish sins sound less ignoble... admit them for what they are.

Marriage means nothing to you. Feelings rule all. Do what you want, your "great guy" is hosed either way. If/When you dump him, sure he's free, but the woman he loved crushed him. And if you stay, well, his reward is... you... oh my.

Look in the mirror and be proud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Other Woman [ 24 Answers ]

I have unfortunately been in an affair for over a year now. Everything was of course, always on his terms. He has recently decided (for reasons unknown to me) that he wants out of the affair. I knew it would eventually come to this, but I find myself left heartbroken and angry. I feel like...

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Another woman [ 5 Answers ]

My husband had a "relationship" with another woman a few months ago. He works with her and she was engaged to another man. We were having some problems at the time but things are better now, except this drives me crazy. He claims that it was never sexual, but admits that she tells him she is...

How to make her feel like a real woman. [ 3 Answers ]

On a transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning. One woman, in particular, loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. "I'm too young to die," she wails. Then...

View more questions Search