Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kristen024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Internet/Modem Problems
    Not sure if this is where it goes, but move it if not. Ok so I have been having internet problems for a good two weeks or so. I have DSL and I would be using the computer and all of a sudden the internet light would go off. So I would diagnose the problem when the internet explorer "page can not be displayed" thing would pop up and within minutes it would be back up and running. So I finally got around to calling a tech out here today through my phone company and he said that the phone company had upgraded the speed of my internet which was running four times faster then my DSL box which is why it kept kicking me off. But today he did something to my internet and it is actually running slower then DIAL UP. It takes me refreshing my page numerous times to get to certain sites and I can't access any of my instant messengers because it times out before it connects. So I guess I'm asking if any of you know what I could do till I get another tech out here?
    IT Helpp Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

May 3, 2008, 10:58 AM
    The symptom that you are describing has become very common in DSL customers the past 6 months. If you have a firewall, you must change a single setting on your firewall. If you do not have a firewall, you have to make 3 or 4 changes to your registry settings. Since it took me about 3 weeks find the solution to this problem for my clients, I prefer prefer not to post the actual answer online. Please contact me privately and I will tell you what settings to change. Peter @ ithelpp.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telabs 8110 modem ican I used it as leased line modem [ 3 Answers ]

In my office there is a Tellabs 8110 modem from where internet is connected . Is it is a leased line modem or it is a fixed ip broadband modem :)

Internet problems [ 3 Answers ]

I recently dowloaded something called "Zango", that allows you to watch videos and play games and stuff like that. It was doing odd things to my computer like slowing the internet and even though I have virus protection my homepage on the web was this security page saying how I needed to get...

I can't connect to the internet with my switch and cable modem [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a 3com 8port switch for my 5 pc's and my LAN works fine. I used to have a 4 port wireless cable router before I bought the switch. I give the router to my brother (in case you guys ask where is the router now). I connect the cable modem to the switch to see if any of the PC can go...

Internet problems! [ 1 Answers ]

Im having trouble with my internet, and have been for the past 2 days. I don't really feel like sitting on the support line for an hour, so I tought I would ask here 1st. Ok... for starters my page display is all messed up, I can see the web sites, but the way they are laid out is all messed up......

I'm having modem problems [ 5 Answers ]

My friend recently got a Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem and when he uses AOL it won't detect the modem he has service to AOL but the modem its self came out of his other computer a compaq with windows 98 on it and put it into the new computer with windows 2000 on it I tried to find and see...

View more questions Search