Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dongar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Hair color gone brassy
    My stylist wanted me to go blonde all over. I am naturally a dark brown. I usually had it highlighted. When she put the blonde on I went very brassy. Then she dyed it and highlighted. I turned a horrible brassy. Now I am brassy with brown roots. I want to go back to brown with very blonde highlights. How do I correct this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
    You need to use a neutral base for the toner. I have to use neutral base or my hair gets brassy. Hairdresser did not use a neutral base hence the brassy blonde. I would go back to her and tell her to redo the entire head of hair using a neutral based toner. She just can't use anything else on your hair or it will turn brassy or orange.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair turned brassy now what? [ 3 Answers ]

Could I use dish soap or laudry soap to nutralize?? What woulw work with out having to go out and get another bottle

Brassy gold blonde hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I need to do something to fix my hair, it is just overly hightlighted. I am a natural level 6 -7. I have warm tones in my hair, but NOT red. I have dyed my hair red in the past, but it always fades out too quickly. I am fairly open to suggestions. Basically I just want the least amount...

Brassy roots rest of color fine [ 2 Answers ]

I had my long hair permanent color with violet base colored yesterday--My hair is light brown to medium brown and a lot of gray on underside of hair--I hate red brassy colors--the two to 4 inches of the top of my hair from roots down is to brassy red and I would like to know which product or type...

Brassy hair? [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have a ? I was before I dyed my hair a dark blonde and went and bought a light blonde to dye my hair with... well when I dyed it the ends are light but the roots and top of my hair is real brassy in color... what would be the best way to correct it... should I put the other box of light blonde...

View more questions Search