Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jilliepea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Brassy gold blonde hair
    Hello. I need to do something to fix my hair, it is just overly hightlighted. I am a natural level 6 -7. I have warm tones in my hair, but NOT red. I have dyed my hair red in the past, but it always fades out too quickly. I am fairly open to suggestions. Basically I just want the least amount of up keep. I have about 2 inches of regrowth, the top half of my hair is BLONDE and the bottom is orangey. Should I get lowlights and highlights to blend it all in or should I dye the whole thing strawberry blonde? Any suggestions on how to keep the red from fading out? I would consider dying it back to it's natural color, but the shock of the darkness would literally keep me up all night... thanks for any help
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 23, 2007, 05:12 PM
    You don't have to get lowlights and highlights, you can re-touch your highlights. I recommend that you go to the salon and have it professionally done. The stylist can use a foil method or frosting cap method to isolate the hair that has been highlighted and then bleach or lighten the new growth. Once the new growth has been re-touched, the color application will be applied to the previous highlighted areas for ten minutes to refresh or revive the color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

Brassy hair? [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have a ? I was before I dyed my hair a dark blonde and went and bought a light blonde to dye my hair with... well when I dyed it the ends are light but the roots and top of my hair is real brassy in color... what would be the best way to correct it... should I put the other box of light blonde...

Bright gold hair [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is medium blonde andi just tried to dye my hair to my pre-pregnancy color (light blonde), however it turned out too brassy gold. What do I do? Don't have time or money to go to salon.

My Hair turned from brown to brassy red! HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!. my hair turned from dark medium brown to shiny red!. ok here is what happened I wanted my hair a little lighter like light to dark brown so my girlfriend told me to get Born Blonde hair lightner, and it turned my hair BRIGHT ORANGE, so then I put the toner on it which was (dark blonde).. the...

View more questions Search