Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atxbrl33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Expanding a 8' X 12' Cement Patio
    Hello, I live in Austin Texas. My house currently has a 8' X 12' cement patio that is attached to the house on one side. We would like to expand our patio to 11' x 22 feet. My current plan is to pour a 6 inch slab tieing into the existing patio with an expansion joint on each side of the open patio. Once the Slab is set, we plan to lay flagstone over the entire top side of the 11' x 22' of patio. I will use a wire mesh 3 inches of the middle of the new pour. As well, I will pour the new slab in 3 pours. I am just curious if I am overlooking anything.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 21, 2008, 02:24 PM
    You should look to see how deep the earth was removed under the old slab. Try to match that with gravel fill so both the old and new will have the same base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expanding current concrete patio [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 10 x 10 concrete patio that sits against the house. I want to expand the patio on the three uncovered sides. I live in the mid-west( Lafayette, Indiana) so I need to account for hot, humid summers and cold freezing winters. My questions are: 1)Do I make the surrounding additions one...

Cement Patio and Wood Stair Rail? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The metal stair rails on our concrete front porch recently broke and we had to remove them. I would very much prefer to replace them with wood rails, which I think are far more attractive. However, looking around the neighborhood, I only see wood rails with wood patios and decks, and...

Building a Deck on top of a cement patio [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on building a ground level deck over an existing concrete patio, and am not sure where to begin. I am wondering what the best foundation would be for the deck. I found an article that suggested using a wall frame type set-up but wasn't sure if there was another route I should take,...

Expanding an existing concrete patio [ 1 Answers ]

I have an existing concrete patio that is less than 6 months old. In my opinion, it is of high quality. It is 4-6 in thick and rebar reinforced. It is approximately 30 x 15 ft. We are considering putting in a pool. The pool decking (concrete) will need to be tied into the existing concrete...

Sloping Cement Patio [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 x16 foot 9" thick cement patio with tiles on it. I want to make it into a sunroom. Right now the floor is sloped away from the house and the difference from the house to the edge of the patio is at least 3 1/2 inches sloped downward for drainage. I looked into leveling compound but...

View more questions Search