Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seeker9 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Why do we get low voltage power supply?
    In India, appliances are 220 volts enabled. However, many Electricity Boards often provide mains power at less than 220 volts. What are the possible reasons?

Is it because of technical inefficiency? On the consumer end, if the "actual load" is higher than the "connected load" (as shown by the Electricity Board in the power consumption bill), can the input voltage appear low in the voltage regulator?
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Apr 18, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Any decrease in the voltage feed is caused by a voltage drop in the feed woire or feeding transfomer. And you are correct, any load will affect the vpltafe tested at the source with the load attached.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power supply design [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have two racks In rack1 there are 14 pe2950 servers, 1 cxc, 3 isilon storage boxes In rack 2 there are 15 pe2950 servers, 1 cxc, and a kvm There are 4 overhead outlets with a capacity of 20 Amps each I need vertical power strips with ethernet ports for control via internet to...

What kind of power supply to use [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My name is zent and I'm having a problem with my power supply, I'm using a UPS(PC STAR)500VA but still my internet connection suddenly cut-off for 2-3 minutes, what could be the possible cause? Any help? Thanks Zent

Power supply [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a new mother board and I wanted to put my graphics card back in, but I'm worried that the power supply doesn't have enough power. I was going to try it, but I didn't want to if it might do some damage to my comp. Does anyone know if I try it and it doesn't work, will it possibly damage...

Power supply replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bad 250 watt power supply in a dell dimension 4600. Can I replace it with a 350 watt PS?

Computer Power Supply [ 9 Answers ]

Hey peepz! I recently noticed that ma new computer overheats often, which is starting to worry me slightly :eek: . I was told that it could be the power supply unit which is 250V. I have the following specs... 3400+ 64 AMD Processor MicroStar MSI MS-6741 uATX Motherboard 1024MB RAM ATI...

View more questions Search