Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethhaywood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Foreclosure of rental property
    My landlord stopped making his mortgage payments in December and we don't know if he is in foreclosure. How do we find out?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Check with the county. A foreclosure process has to be filed with the county clerk.

Apr 11, 2008, 12:35 PM
    If you have a follow-up question, please reply to this thread, don't start a new question. Once the house has been foreclosed on you will recevie a vacate notice from the new owner. That notice can be anywhere from a few days to a few months. Even if its only a few days, you can fight for more time.

Nov 20, 2008, 01:02 PM

Comments on this post
    rachelpruet disagrees: I called my county clerk & they said they had no way for them to find out. This is in Gila County, Az.

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Just because your county clerk claims they can't doesn't mean my advice was incorrect.
    Frankly, I think you were lied to. Real Estate transactions are generally registered with the county clerk. They should be notified in case of a foreclosure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure on the Second/Rental property [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Dilek, I was wondering if anyone knows or experienced about foreclosures. We cannot keep up paying our mortgage payments in our second property that was our primary residence until we bought a house thinking that we will make money by keeping the condo as rental, but we cannot rent...

Pre-foreclosure on rental property. What are my rights as renter? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been renting this home for the past 3 years and have always paid rent on time to the homeowner. I recently received a notice that the property will be in foreclosure if the owner does not bring her mortgage up to date by the end of this month. The owner denies that the home is about to be...

Rental in foreclosure? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I'm a single Mom and I rent a townhome and am up-to-date on my rent payments. A came by wanting to do a home inspection and claiming my rental is in foreclosure. How can I find out if my landlord has my home facing foreclosure? Thanks!

Rental property about to go into foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I rented my house in FL to a friend. The lease is up in August 2008. I have paid all of the rent collected to the mortgage company. The rent does not pay the entire mortgage.The first mortgage is not late. However, the second is 60 days late. I am not able to continue to pay this debt. I am filing...

Rental property under foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I own a rental property that I hold title only in my name. My husband holds title on our primary residence only in his name. The rental property is currently in foreclosure. I owe 520K property values went way down to 390K. I was told that if I file B.K the taxes that would incur from a 1099...

View more questions Search