Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy-harding Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 11:41 AM
    19 weeks pregnant and have gallstones I have been admitted into hosp
    In 2 weeks they kep going on about segery but am nervous what can I do to prevent it
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
    I had it bad, too, while pregnant and was told there was nothing that could be done while I was pregnant. (I was high risk, though.)

I carried antacids in my pocket and watched what I ate. Good luck!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 05:22 AM
    There is something you can do about it. Change your diet. Avoid greasy high fat foods and like the other poster antacids will be your best friend. Yes it can be debilitating, but I would not recommend surgery while pregnant
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 02:52 PM
    If they want to operate on you it could be for a good reason. Had I not had my gall bladder out (I was not pregnant at the time) I would have died due to the gall stones being pumped into my pancreas. It all depends on how serious your gall bladder problem is and how severe your pain is. If you can have a laproscopic procedure that would be the best for you. Right now your system is going to be taxed severely by being pregnant. You could get to the point where your pancreas is involved (like mine was) and then you'd have to be operated on or die. Please discuss all possibilities with your doctor and make an informed decision.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Doctors rarely preform unnecessary procedures, especially when you are pregnant. Talk to your doctor about your concerns, ask him if there is another course of action. Tell him that you are worried about the effect this will have on your unborn child. Your doctor should be able to tell you what is going on, and what will happen, with some accuracy. If you still aren't sure then get a second opinion asap.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

17 weeks pregnant and. [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering when you shouldn't lay on your tummy during pregnancy? Will I hurt the baby by laying on my tummy?

Daughters 9 yr old hosp. Bill showing up on my credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter moved out of my house when she turned 18 and had her first child at age 19 in 1999. I got a call from a collection agency regarding medical bills totalling $400. I asked what it was for and knew that one was mine $51 worth that I immediately paid. I explained to the woman that...

3 weeks Pregnant! [ 2 Answers ]

I'v been trying to have a baby with my partner and I'm 3 weeks pregnant can I have my period?

Gallstones [ 18 Answers ]

So I've been having these pains on the right side of my abdomen for about a month and a half now. I thought I was getting more ovarian cysts since I am prone to them. After lots of blood tests, pelvic exams and a few ultrasounds, they told me yesterday that I have gallstones. I'm being referred...

View more questions Search