Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slimepig Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Murray safety switches
    Murray 12 hp 30" rider model # 30577x8a I have brand new solinoid and ignition switch, and cleaned the ign switch wiring harness. Still nothing when key is turned. Battery is fine. Must be safety switches? How do I get to each and either fix or bypass them? Pictures would be nice. Thanks.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 05:18 PM
    I simply can not tell you how to bypass a safety switch, sorry. But you did not mention your fuse, have you checked the fuse?
    slimepig Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Thanks anyway. Yes, the fuse was fine. Bypassing the stupid switches was simple. Cut them out connect wires together. Ye maybe ill fall off the mower one day and get ran over, but I really doubt it. The one safety switch that would have prevented that didn't work anyway(seat switch). I think the seat switch was the culprit, I bypassed all 3 anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

JohnDeere LX176, Safety Switches [ 4 Answers ]

I have a JD LX176 14.5 hp w/Kawasaki engine. It started and ran great until I put a new front draft arm to level the deck, as it was bought used with the draft missing. As soon as this arm was installed, I turned the key and it tried to turn over, then "JUST STOPPED". Since then, it has not turned...

Safety switches on riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

How and where do you locate the safety switches on a Power Kraft riding mower?

Where are safety switches on lawn tractor? [ 3 Answers ]

Have seen numerous replies saying to check safety switches on riding mowers if they won't start. Where would mine be on Weedeater Lawn Tractor Model HD12538D. And HOW to check each one?Thank you!

Safety Switches on MTD Lawn Tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I have a model 13Bi675H062 Lawn Tractor. It will not start and I have been told that the solenoid needs replacing. I purchased one today. Yesterday someone got it to crank by jumping it on the solenoid that is in it but when I put it in gear to go forward, it would not stay cranked. The...

View more questions Search