Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Apr 7, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Toning muscles/ shedding just a little fat
    For the first time in a while I am not playing a sport in every season in the year. I use to play football and sometimes soccer in the fall, basketball in the winter, soccer in the spring, and I would be doing something in the summer at a summer camp program. Although now I am a old enough teen to stay home in the summer,I do not play football anymore, my parents do not want me to play soccer in the spring (but I do not really want to play soccer anymore), in the fall my school work (I'm in all honors classes) is usually very streneous so I don't have time for fall soccer, and my true love for basketball is fading away because my father has a way taking it to serious(he likes conflict so he will yell at me for a whole week about one mistake in a game the week before) because of his love for basktball and not enough teens participate in basketball leagues where I live. I said all that to say I am not getting the exercise I use to so can someone give me or make up an exercise program that involves me, playing basketball outside on my goal, jumping on a mini trampoline,using a medicine ball, and using a treadmill, to shed about three pounds of fat and building some lean not bulky muscle.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Speed (sprints), endurance (longer cardio), and strength (weight training and isometric body training) are your target areas.

There's a lot of good sites for recommended preseason/off-season workouts... a few are below.

Preseason Basketball Conditioning Training Workout Program

12-Month Periodized Basketball Training Program

Basketball Agility Drills - For Speed on the Court

Check those out and comment on what missing or what you want to do differently.

If your father is nagging you, that's not great... but one thing you can do for him and for you is to have a written plan. Something on paper. Something you have to look at and check off. If he sees you are organized, he might get off your back, knowing you have thought it out well. And if you get organized, you are more likely to stay on a proper schedule.

Sometimes a simple plan written down on paper is the difference between wanting and doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daschund shedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hope someone has some ideas. My 7 month little doxie ((Bratwurst) is shedding like crazy. We have him on good food. He does not have fleas. No skin problems. Does not itch a lot at all. Every time I pet him or pick him up his hair is all over me. Any ideas? Thanks, Vallaro

Skin shedding [ 6 Answers ]

Pretty lady, I've heard somewhere that the skin shed every 4 months, is that true? I means if some one used bad cream on the body how long does the effect be gone completely, I see that the face rebound fast but not the body, how to accelerae this process?

Excessive Shedding? [ 3 Answers ]

Our pup (3 yrs old) has begun to shed excessively for our climate. I'm concerned because we are in a northern state and have snow through February at least. Her shedding is similar to what happens to her in warmer months... but this hasn't happened in January before. She's a short haired mix...

Why is he shedding [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old bichon/lhasa apsos I was told by the seller they don't shed grant you they might shed very very little anyway he started to shed hair 2 weeks ago and more than I thought he should would you know the reason for this and when I brush him there is hair all over my top I would...

Shedding Too Much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Shep./Mastiff cross... Just over 1 year old. I was wondering if anyone knows how much this type of breed would shed. It seems like I am constantly brushing him. Just petting him a couple of times you will get a hand full of fur. I keep him outside because of all the fur he is losing ( I...

View more questions Search