Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    longdistance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Troy Built electric clutch problems
    I have a Big Red Troy built. Factory clutch burned out. Melted wiring on clutch to the point that plastic ran down into clutch and fused it together. Two other clutches have been put on this mower and the same thing has happened. Didn't even make it around the yard till each one burned up. To expensive to keep replacing. Is there some kind of trick to these clutches. Mower was only about 2 years old when it burned the factory one out. This was a $3500.00, mower clutch should have lasted for years. Mower runs excellent other that clutches won't last. Thanks for any help.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Hmmm, sounds as though you have a bad electrical problem and will have to be traced to find to problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy Built Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the bolt to change the oil found?

B/S 8hp troy built tiller w/electric start. [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a four year old Troy Built tiller with a batter and electric start. I want to do away with the battery and still have electric start like my snow blowers do. Any one know what I have to do to change this over? Thanks, Bob Henning [email protected]

Troy-bilt mower and electric PTO clutch [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing the lower drive belt on my 23hp Troy-bilt pedal drive garden tractor. The last step in removing the belt is to remove the hex bolt from the center of the electric PTO clutch. When I try to loosen the hex bolt part of the electric clutch and the engine pulley turns at the same time....

View more questions Search