Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chooch78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Who pays?
    I have rented the same apartment for 6 years in PA. I wish to have my carpets profesionaly cleaned. They have not been cleaned since I moved in or before hand. Who should pay the bill, me or the landlord?
    LILL Posts: 212, Reputation: 15

Apr 4, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Usually the tenant is responsible for cleaning the carpet... unless of course, the landlord made them dirty.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Unless it is in your lease for them to clean them, you are responsible, as you would be to clean them before you moved out.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Usually it's the tenant's responsibility, especially if the carpets are dirty beyond "normal wear and tear". However, if you've been a good tenant, and if you have a smart landlord, then the landlord will want to keep you happy. Why not ask the landlord to pay for it? If they say no, ask if they'll split the cost with you. It can't hurt to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who pays for the breezway? [ 4 Answers ]

I run a restaurant and have had many complains about how cold it is every time somebody Comes in and out of the restaurant in the winter time. I would like to put a breezway. By doing this would I have to pay for all of the expense or will it be half me and half the landlord or all landlord? ...

He Pays But He Hasn't Seen Her In Five Years [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-husband and i have been divorced for five yrs now and our daughter is 6yrs old he hasn't seen her sense the divorce (because he chose not to) but i never inforced his visitation or the child support until last year i fell on some bad times and inforced the child support but i released all the...

Who pays [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter and soon to be son in law are planning their wedding in Oct... so far they only want the parents to help as little as possible... Fine... but I was recently asked... being that they are paying for a great deal of their own wedding... what is the ettiquette on out of town guest and who...

Who pays the bill [ 13 Answers ]

OK new subject. Lets say you are meeting your girlfriend at the bar to visit friends. She shows up about an hour earlier than you do. She has a few drinks before you get there. You show up, order a drink and your girlfriend tells the bar tender to put it on the tab she started because we are...

View more questions Search