Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Key Obama Iraq advisor urges the US to stay engaged througt at least 2010
    First Samantha Power working as a foreign policy adviser to Obama suggested that his campaign promises on Iraq might not fully guide his actions as president.Now his key Iraq advisor Colin Kahl has written at the 'Center for a New American Security' an essay entitled “Stay on Success: A Policy of Conditional Engagement” in which he urges the US to stay engaged in Iraq with at least 80,000 troops through 2010 .

Obama Adviser Calls for Troops To Stay in Iraq Through 2010 | The New York Sun

Has Obama now adopted the Iraq strategy similar to the one he mocks when talking about John McCain ? As I read it yes.Both policies envision a reduced role in Iraq even as the US maitains a presence there .In fact ;if Kahl accurately represents Obama's position there is little difference between him ,McCainand President Bush .

All would have a long-term strategic partnership with the elected Iraqi government.All would reduce US presence and take a secondary role in counter-insurgency;assisting the Iraqis in training and logistics for their own security operations.

What will Cindy Sheehad and the moveon crowd say now ?
    Is this Obama's true position or are we about to see another person associated with Obama thrwn under the bus ?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 02:02 PM
    But of course, "Both Mr. Kahl and a senior Obama campaign adviser reached yesterday said the paper does not represent the campaign’s Iraq position."

What to do, what to do? Try to swing votes from McCain on Iraq, alienate your anti-war supporters? Take every position possible to try and accomplish both?

It seems to be a pattern here, something comes out of his campaign that could leave an impression in the minds of swing voters then he rushes to deny it so the Sheehad crowd will breathe a sigh of relief.

"Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months." Wink wink, nudge nudge :D
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain !

It is a tough position to be in . Obama and Hillary are moving further to the left to scoop up every scrap of support from the left . I do not think the eventual nominee will have the time to court the center after the convention . They have painted themselves into a corner that even the Trojan Horse can't get them out of .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    pay no attention to that man behind the curtain !

It is a tough position to be in . Obama and Hillary are moving further to the left to scoop up every scrap of support from the left . I do not think the eventual nominee will have the time to court the center after the convention . They have painted themselves into a corner that even the Trojan Horse can't get them out of .
    Steve and Cokie Roberts hint that the Dems could be further painting themselves in a corner over superdelegates. They believe they need to sit this one out over race, because if they go with Hillary, blacks "will be convinced the rules were rigged to lock them out." And if they go with Obama, women will resent their gal being pushed out by "the old boys' network."
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 07:50 AM
    It appears Obama is looking past Hillary and toward reasonable minds in the November election. Ron Paul's failure to explain maintaining U.S. power and influence around the world caused his bus to run off the road. Obama outflanks Hillary and helps get the voters attention away from Rev. Wright with this tactic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EPA Regulations on the no longer makings of R-22 in 2010 [ 4 Answers ]

Due to epa regulations beginning jan 1 2010 equiopment with R-22 will no longe be manufactured. Equipment with R- 22 will be sold until supplies are exhausted. This regulation will create a need for retrofit applications. A condenser with R-22 must be replaced and you can no longer buy R-22...

Questions asked regarding the 2010 Winter Olympics. [ 4 Answers ]

Now that Vancouver has won the chance to host the 2010 Winter Olympics these are some questions people the world over are asking!! Believe it or not these questions about Canada were posted on an International Tourism Website (frightening, isn't it!) Obviously the answers are a joke; but the...

Would JFK have opposed going to war against Iraq as Obama has? [ 28 Answers ]

Or do you believe that George W. Bush is more like JFK? I find it strange that CAROLINE KENNEDY would write something like this- Barack Obama is a President “Like My Father.” http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?_r=1&th=&emc=th&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

160 electric clutch does not stay engaged [ 2 Answers ]

My John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor has an electric clutch. I engage it and it turnes the blades but soon stops and the blades also stop. Is there an adjustment, or some other possible problem, or do I need a new clutch?

View more questions Search