Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henrybechtold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 07:27 AM
    160 electric clutch does not stay engaged
    My John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor has an electric clutch. I engage it and it turnes the blades but soon stops and the blades also stop. Is there an adjustment, or some other possible problem, or do I need a new clutch?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Check the pto switch located on the right side of the transmission. If the mounting bracket that holds it on is out of adjustment or loose, it will cause this problem. Also check the wires going into the pto switch located on the dash and the wires going into the electric clutch
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
    I don't understand esquire1, I still can not rate your answers , but it is a good one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Testing Electric PTO Clutch [ 3 Answers ]

Troy Bilt 22hp Briggs/46'Deck Electric PTO clutch will not engage. Have changed out switch on the mower console... still no good. Removed clutch, looks OK. IS THERE ANY WAY TO TEST THIS CLUTCH?? Or should I look somewhere else... worked great one day,, the next week NOTHING!

Clutch Replacement on John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to remove and replace my clutch on a John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor. When I turn the bolt at the base of the clutch that holds the clutch to the mower, the belt wheel spins so that I am unable to loosen the bolt. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop the wheel from spinning?

John Deere Model 160 Lawn Tractor Clutch and/or Transmission Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Either my clutch needs to be adjusted or my transmission is shot. I looked at the clutch assembly for about an hour but could discover no way to try adjusting it. How do I determine if it's the clutch adjustment or the transmission.

Craftsman lawm mower will not move when clutch is engaged [ 2 Answers ]

Craftsman lawn mower model # 917270710 will not move when I release the clutch. This happens in all gears.

Toro 57360 Clutch locked in engaged mode [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot shift when engine running, and mower keeps trying to move forward. Installed new belt. Ran following test: Park Brake ON Wheels chocked Tranny in neutral Clutch Depressed or Not depressed (makes no difference) Transaxle pulley still turns.

View more questions Search