Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nsandrakay Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Drain being slightly higher then tiles in the shower
    Hey guys, you helped so much last time I had a problem.well here goes, we had our old tiny bathroom gutted and a tiled shower installed.I used it the first time last night and noticed the drain is slightly higher then the tiles.I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't notice some water standing and when I ran my hand across the drain is when I realized it wasn't flushed with the floor.how can it be corrected and will in ruin the tile floor.I did get the excess water up,thanks k
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 2, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Call your tile man back to correct his mistake. The tile floor should slope to the drain. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower tiles on the loose [ 21 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me if there is any type of waterproof paint that would be good on a shower wall.my shower walls were completely tiled until Friday and then disaster struck ,I heard a loud cracking noise and when I checked one wall of tiles had bent and moved away from the wall.irevoved them and...

Shower Tiles [ 1 Answers ]

All of our showers are fiberglass,one piece designs. I want to tile them without removing them. Is this possible? If so, what all is needed to do this?

Mold underneath shower tiles [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I rent an apt. in a 100-year-old house. The shower tiles fall out weekly, and we stick them back in with grout; however, the many cracks and crumbling grout have let water into the wall behind the bathtub fixtures. There is an overwhelming mold smell in the bathroom, and as I am...

Shower walls without tiles [ 8 Answers ]

I have a bathtub installed with shower already and am finishing the walls and do not have to the time or the money to put in tile. Can I just paint the dry wall with several coats of waterproof paint or a shellac? I previously tried using a cheap, fake-tile-board glued to the dry wall that leaked...

Shower Tiles [ 3 Answers ]

The shower tiles in the shower stall have mildew. Also one of the wall with tiles below the glass shower wall is buckling. The tiles right in front of the shower (once you step out) has mildew and moves a little. Could anyone suggest how I can correct these without breaking my bank. Thanks.

View more questions Search