Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TShack6101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Shower Tiles
    All of our showers are fiberglass,one piece designs. I want to tile them without removing them. Is this possible? If so, what all is needed to do this?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Hi Tshack

Sorry... not possible at all. Fiberglass units just have too much flexibility and curvature to install or to to keep the tiles on the unit for too long. You can tile ABOVE the units but cannot tile on the unit.

Get back to me with thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laying tiles [ 2 Answers ]

Can you lay cerramic tiles ontop of other tiles

Mold underneath shower tiles [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I rent an apt. in a 100-year-old house. The shower tiles fall out weekly, and we stick them back in with grout; however, the many cracks and crumbling grout have let water into the wall behind the bathtub fixtures. There is an overwhelming mold smell in the bathroom, and as I am...

Shower walls without tiles [ 8 Answers ]

I have a bathtub installed with shower already and am finishing the walls and do not have to the time or the money to put in tile. Can I just paint the dry wall with several coats of waterproof paint or a shellac? I previously tried using a cheap, fake-tile-board glued to the dry wall that leaked...

Removing tiles [ 1 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to remove wall tiles without damaging the walls

Shower Tiles [ 3 Answers ]

The shower tiles in the shower stall have mildew. Also one of the wall with tiles below the glass shower wall is buckling. The tiles right in front of the shower (once you step out) has mildew and moves a little. Could anyone suggest how I can correct these without breaking my bank. Thanks.

View more questions Search