Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffrey007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 05:45 AM
    My Story!
    Hello I'm going to keep this as short as possible I dated this girl for the past 2.5 years off and on while both of us were separated and though I enjoyed being with her at that time in my life I was not in love with her but she told me many times during the past 2.5 years she was in love with me and being that I just got out of a 14 year marriage I handled with my separation different then her, right or wrong I wanted to go out and have fun and because of some of my actions I hurt her feeling on some of the things I did, but she stood by my side because she was in love with me. Fast forward to July 2007 and she had a lot going on in her life and we had a few more problems with our relationship so she asked me if we could be just be friends during this time because that's what she needed most from me at this time in her life as she had lost her job, her divorce was going to court and few other personal issues she had. So I was there for her as a friend the past 6-8 months both emotional & some financially and we became best friends something we weren't during our 2.5 year relationship and I felt something inside change and I was falling in love with her but wanted to wait until her divorce was final to really talk to her about my feelings so two weeks ago and went over to her house and read a 4 page letter telling how I was so sorry for the past and how I hurt and how much I've changed and basically all I want is to be with her obviously there was much more to the letter but I wanted to give you some of the mail details as you can imagine it got very emotional we both cried and basically all she said was how numb she was and needed some time to absorb what I said. So we talked the other day and she came out and told me that she still cares very much about me but has her guard up with me because what I put her though the past 2.5 years and one letter with just words is not going to make her put her guard down that fast and take me back that fast so I told her I totally agree but I also told that actions speak louder then words and I said I will earn her trust back and if you need some time I will wait and she then was testing me and she said you don't have to wait for me(she repeated that a few times) and I said if I have to wait a month or two or three it's a small sacrifice to be with you for the rest of my life so I asked her isn't that true and she said yes your right it is true so of course that made her cry. So later that day she stopped at my office and we talked for a little and then she called me a few minutes later and asked if I could make put some songs on a CD for her so we talked a few times later that night so basically we talked liked 7 times that day including stopping at my office which I think was too much and moving to fast so when we got done talking Friday I told her I would call her on Saturday and drop it off the CD and so I did call her but have not heard back from her since then(which I think she realized it was too much and she needed some time and space). I don't believe I need to tell her any more on how much I care about her and want to be with her and how much I'm so sorry for the past(she knows how I feel now an how I took for granted in the past). So my thought now is to back off and give us both some time & space and leave her alone and I haven't contacted since we talked Friday and obviously she doesn't want to talk to me right now or she would have called me back on Saturday and I don't plan on calling her anytime soon do you feel this is the right approach. Let me know your thoughts.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 08:19 AM
    I don't plan on calling her anytime soon do you feel this is the right
    approach.
    NO
    Let me know your thoughts.
    I think she is wanting to be pursued in an adult mature way, and even if it doesn't work, you tried. Is she worth the risk? Thats the question to be answered by you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another ex story. [ 5 Answers ]

We've dated before... earlier on this year and before that we knew eachother for a year. He told me eveything about his life (even things his own family didn't know even things his best friends for ever didn't know). We grew closer with time and the night he asked me out was the one night I swear I...

My story [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so My boyfriend and I are trying to conceive. Jan. 14, 2007 was my last regular, normal period. My normal periods are heavy, heavy dark red and they last 4 days exactly. Feb. 10, 2007 I had brown spotting with light red/pink blood. It lasted 3 days. I took 3 test all came back negative....

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

View more questions Search